cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

Highlighted
Journeyman

People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

I switched to Sprint service in February and got an Iphone4S. Well...several people have called me, my phone doesn't even ring, it doesn't show a missed call, and it doesn't show the voicemail they left. Not all the time, just some of the time.

I wouldn't have even known about these phantom calls if my friends hadn't texted me asking me why I'm not answering...sorry...my Sprint phone doesn't even ring. Even worse, I applied for a job, the employer called me but no ringing phone, I got an email saying they've been trying to call me.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Sprint tried to blame it on my brand new Iphone and made me take it to Apple to be checked out, it's not the phone, it's the service.

I wonder if I can complain my way out of this 2 yr contract??? Why should I pay if I dont even get my phone calls???

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

have been with sprint for over 10 years, this just started happening to me and my wife and friends after the iphone was available...which to me seems like a tower capacity issue. i recieved an email stating they are upgrading towers in the area but...for the first time ever i am not happy with sprint as i am balking with staying as my 150 dollar credit hangs in the balance

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

I too have been with Sprint for more than 10 years AND my phone does not ring often when people call me. I have an old Palm phone and have no trouble making outgoing calls. Every time I test it by calling my cell from a land line, my phone rings; when I call from another Sprint cell phone, it rings. The calls that I miss 'cause my Sprint cell doesn't ring, that is the ones I have been told I missed, are coming from AT&T and T-Mobile. I haven't done anymore testing so I don't know if Verizon calls will ring. Is it technically possible that AT&T could somehow block outgoing calls to Sprint phones to frustrate Sprint customers in an effort to get them to change carriers? I'm ready to get an I-Phone, thinking my phone is old and that's why it misses calls, but the situation does make me consider changing to Verizon or AT&T--which would be exactly what Sprint's rivals would want me to do. So, is this missed call problem a Sprint network problem or some kind of sabotage to eliminate the little competitor, Sprint? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this problem and it is possibly associated with Google Voice.  I took my Sprint phone off of Google Voice and put it back on and the problem went away.

Sprint also told me it was a "tower problem" but, for me at least, it was some kind of Google Voice issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had this problem with my wife's phone (iphone 4s) and mine (Samsung EPIC) both on the same Sprint service so it is not unique to other providers.

I can call my wife's phone and on my end I hear it ringing but will not ring on wife's phone until the 5th or 6th ring.  If you hang up before the receiving phone rings it will not register the call as ever happening.

This has to be a Sprint issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have Google Voice integration? If so, remove it. 

I have removed it and put it on and my phone rang for a while. Then I had the problem again.  I have kept it off.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having this same issue with my Iphone4. I have been to the sprint store, called customer service, and contacted Apple Support. I was informed that it is a Sprint Network issue. My phone rings exactly 10 times before I show that I have a call. I dont think I should be responsible for paying for a service that Im not getting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint also told me it was a network problem.  I don't think so.

They even sent me on a wild-goose chase to go to a Sprint store to check the phone.  As it happens, the Sprint store was nearer to a different tower than the one they told me had the problem.  Still no ringing.

We have three family members in our home who have sprint and wo of them with iPhones.  I am the only one who has this problem and I am the only one who has (had) Google Voice integration.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently upgraded to BB 9630 from an older BB and with in the last few days I've missed several important phone calls...if the caller leaves a VM it lets me know but otherwise it does not ring nor does it register the call at all.

I am in the Philadelphia Area...is anyone else experiencing this in this area??

I've also begun to drop calls...this almost never happened before. It started to happen and I figured the older BB phone was past its useful life BUT it seems that maybe its Sprint that it past its useful life.

I read somewhere else that a femtocell can help but to be honest I dont even know what that is...other than it apparently boosts signal. I typically have 3 out of 5 bars which should be sufficient for phone calls??/

My wife has TMOBILE and never has a problem.

hmmmmmm

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you also have your phone integrated with Google Voice, you should try "unintegrating" it.  You can still have your phone ring when someone calls you Google Voice number.  Doing this sovled the problem for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont have Google Voice that I know of???

but thank you for the reply

Highlighted
Journeyman

This has been sporadically happening to me when at home as well.  I don't have Google voice on my phone, and I have an Airrave, so unless I have a lot of people hogging my Airrave (I don't live in a dense population area), I don't think I should be having a tower capacity issues either.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat