cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

Journeyman

Re: People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

This has happened twice now to my iPhone and an Android phone on my account.  Both are GV integrated.  Both time disabling GV and re-enabling fixes the problem for an undetermined amount of time...maybe 6 months-ish.  Very frustrating since this integration is one of the greatest features with Sprint.

Wizard

Re: People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

wobbypetty,

If you're using Google Voice and unable to receive calls, it may due to an issue within the Google Voice account.  For instance, I noticed when deleting call history once, instead of deleting calls I had reported some numbers as Spam.  This would automatically block these numbers.  Also, I would check your Google Voice account to confirm "Do not disturb mode" isn't on.  If either was enabled, deleting integration and reintegrating would fix the issue until either service was reenabled.  Just a thought.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Fergie,

I had done that once before too and was getting text messages sent to spam.  I double checked that this time.  Also, like i said this is the second time that it has happened and a disable renable fixes it.  Other friends of mine with GV integration on completely different accounts had the same issues and same resolution.  I really wish I could talk to a google/sprint engineer to do some troubleshooting when these issues come up but I dont know how to get escalated past tier 1 tech support.

Wizard

wobbypetty,

When it happens again, you can start with us.  We can collect the necessary information and then escalate your issue to our networking technicians if necessary.  There's also a help option within Google voice that will report the issue specifically to Google.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Sprint Evo 4g Lte Been Doing This For 2 Days!

Master

Doreen3296,

This must be very frustrating, please allow me to look into it for you. May I please have your nearby cross streets and zip code to check into the services in your area?

Thank you,
Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have exactly the same problems here in NJ! I believe that the problem is Sprint not your phone! I have tried numerous other phones and nothing changes. Sprint has major problems and they aren't admitting it. I live in NJ for Christs sake! If a phone doesn't work here where will it work. Going to at&t

Master

goinbacktoatt - Sorry to hear that you are having issues in the New Jersey area. Please provide me with your zip code and the nearest cross streets. With this information I can pinpoint the tower that you are getting service from. Let me know, here to help. - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I am also having this issue in Utah. I have had repeated missed calls from my work associates from all over the US.  I have even verified it by calling my cell from a work phone and having no ring on my cell.  When I was eventually sent to my voice mail and left a message, the voice mail didn't even show up for over 15 minutes.  I have a Samsung GS5 and have never used Google Voice.

Master

ibscottb - Is this issue only when you are at work? How long has this been going on? I would like to troubleshoot with you and also take a look into your area to rule out any upgrades going on. What are the nearest cross streets and zip to where you experience this issue? What type of device do you have? Nyyota - Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

sprintcare - No, this happens when I am at my home.  It has been going on periodically for months, but it is hard to say for sure.  I only know for sure that it has happened when I get a voicemail (late) and/or an email from a work associate.  I would love to have you troubleshoot this, the nearest intersection is 300 west 800 south Orem Ut. 84058.  As I said previously I have a Samsung GS5.  Is this forum the best place to discuss this or would direct email be better?

Master

ibscottb

Since I will not be asking for any personal information this forum is perfectly fine to troubleshoot from. I have checked the location and it looks like there were some improvements on the towers in that area. It may take a few more days to complete the optimization but in the meantime we can update your phone. If you are able to connect your device to Wifi. First, go to settings>system>system update>update profile. Once this is complete you will need to reset the network settings. This will not erase any of your content. You can do this by going to your dial pad and dialing ##72786#. Your device will reboot. Please keep me posted on this issue.

Nyyota -Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat