cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

sprintCare - I have updated my profile and entered the code to reset my network settings.  My phone rebooted twice after that and seems to be working normally.  I will try to get one of my associates with an ATT account which has failed to ring through in the past to call me and verify that the problem is fixed.  I will let you know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: People call me -my Sprint phone never even rings -and doesnt show a missed call

SprintCare - I have been able to verify with two callers who previously wouldn't ring through to my cell, so whatever magic your reset did seems to have worked and I am now receiving calls from the previously missed callers.

Highlighted
Master

ibscottb,

This is great to hear! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I hope you have a great day!

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem with my phone not ringing.  I'd really like to be contacted by Sprint to discuss this service issue. 

Highlighted
Master

sballinger1,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we're here to help. How long has the issue been going on for? What is the make and model of your phone? Do you have an alternate number we can call you on?

Richard
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This issue has been going on since I received the new IPHONE 6 about three weeks ago.  In my case,  the phone will register that a phone call came in as well as a voicemail, but vary rarely rings.   Sometimes it does, but usually does not.  My zip code is 60914 and I'm near the corner of Illinois State  Route 50 N and Burns road. An alternate phone number is 815 932 0891

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please excuse my ignorance.   I believe I've finally found the setting that was eluding me.

Highlighted
Master

sballinger1, Thank you for the information. We would like to look closer into your account. Please follow the step in the following link https://community.sprint.com/baw/pm-post!input.jspa?to=5191314. - Lamar
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

sballinger1, Make sure that you keep us updated on any changes. - Lamar
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not a phone issue as Sprint will try to convince you of.  It is a service issue.  I have had Sprint for approximately 10 years both in San Bernardino, CA and more recently in La Pine, OR.  Service was never great in SB.  They had to give me an AIR Rave to make outgoing calls.  Our service in La Pine in 2012 was initially great.  We would get 4-5 bars of Sprint 3G.  We could even stream Netflix there.  However, the service has deteriorated significantly over the last 5 years.  We are lucky to 1 bar of Sprint 3G.  Usually we have Sprint 1X or are on Extended 3G (no service at all).  I get dropped calls.  People call and my phone never rings and Sprint sends the calls to my voicemail.  I may not receive the voicemail for as much as 3 days.  Then I may get 5-6 downloaded all at once (some a few hours old to 3 days old).  When I get the delayed voicemail downloads it never show up as missed calls.  Trying to get assistance from Sprint is like trying to squeeze blood out of a rock.  They will try to tell you it's a hardware or software problem when it is not.  It is a Sprint service problem.  Their little guy in their commercials that touts that Sprint's service only has a 1% difference from Verizon is a bald face lie.  Their service has deteriorated everywhere.  My wife and I will be switching to Verizon when I return to SoCal.  I'm tired of paying $150 for NO SERVICE.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat