cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: How manny of Sprint iphone owner came from another carrier?

Highlighted
Wizard

Looking at the Sprint Community it looks like Sprint has gotten many iphone costumers from other carrier. Are you one of them? How do you like Sprint service and technical Support?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Three of us in my family just came over from AT&T. Kind of regretting it now due to the slow 3G speeds. My wallet won't regret it though since the bill is significantly lower.

Wizard

Dont worry soon your 3g speed will improve. Sprint is investing 10 billion dollars in it 3g and 4g lte network you can read all about it here (Also see the video it explains it well)http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2011/10/07/sprint-accelerat... they are also geting new contract to telephone and cable companies to get fiber backhaul to the tower. These will all be done by the end of 2013. http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=212825&site=lr_cable&f_src=lightreading_gnews

Wizard

3020fjr wrote:

Dont worry soon your 3g speed will improve. Sprint is investing 10 billion dollars in it 3g and 4g lte network you can read all about it here (Also see the video it explains it well)http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2011/10/07/sprint-accelerat... they are also geting new contract to telephone and cable companies to get fiber backhaul to the tower. These will all be done by the end of 2013. http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=212825&site=lr_cable&f_src=lightreading_gnews

I guess "soon" is a relative term.  To most people, "by the end of 2013" does not equal "soon".

Wizard

Sorry my bad on that part. I live in Miami sow our area is already under way (mention in the press release) so for me is soon.

Wizard

3020fjr wrote:

Sorry my bad on that part. I live in Miami sow our area is already under way (mention in the press release) so for me is soon.

Fair enough.  The problem is that Sprint has "cried wolf" a lot of times when it comes to system upgrades.  A lot of people have been promised 4G for years, only to never see it (and will now not see it at all on wimax meaning they're going to need an LTE 4G device to get it in the future).  Personally, I've seen speeds continue to decline.  Fortunately for me, I live in an area where I can occasionally get 4G on my EVO.  I'm not sure I'm going to end up going with the iphone once my upgrade is available because I can't imagine I'm going to be happy with the 3G speeds.  My wife has been saddled with slow 3G for a while so I can see what a pain it is.

Wizard

Re: Poll: How manny of Sprint iphone owner came from another carrier?

We here in the entire South Florida area have not experience slow down but I can imagine your pain since we do suffer from att slowdown in dsl speed in our fiber optic network that was not upgraded like Bellsouth has planed (sow that we can get 50mbps) sow max speed we can get is 1.5mbps. At night when everyone is using it we get .5mbps since it still using fiber technology from the 1998 when FTTH technology was almost starting. The 4g was a huge mistake that Sprint did by doing this deal with clearwire. Sprint cant be entirely blame for 4g mis information since Clearwire probable told Sprint that XXX citied will have 4g in XXX day but then they said we are not expanding 4g anymore (it happen to our family member in Puerto Rico). I can asure you that there still many part in the South Florida that should have gotten 4g that still don't have (within the city of Miami) yep that how bad it is they did not even finish the city that they started. I can tell you for sure that LTE will have to cover the entire Sprint since that the only was Sprint will be able to save money in the long run and be able to run one network and not three. Hope things turn out better for all of you.

Message was edited by: 3020fjr at 11:16

Journeyman

Sprint was forced by the government to either use the spectrum it acquired when it merged with nextel or lose it.  Since LTE wasn't ready, wimax was the only choice.

Journeyman

I came from T-Mobile.  I'm happy so far.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat