cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to cancel service due to unfixable network problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Possibility to cancel service due to unfixable network problem?

I keep receiving the following text message on my iPhone 4s from the number 9016.

"//ANDROID:${from} has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call ${callbackno} to listen. CFGs1840.0=0f8adef0a6a31b4e4625OBWiRdt//CM"

No one at Sprint store can help me and the techs I talk to on the phone all tell me that Sprint's voicemail service is being updated or that it's an Apple issue.  This issue started in December 2011 when I got the phone and is still going on in July 2012.  I get around 5 - 14 of these text messages a day.  I've done the whole gambit of ideas from Sprint with no luck. They have even tried blocking the number on their end. They always want to blame me until I tell them this is my very first smart phone and this was a new phone number issued by Sprint. 

I am tired of this issue and wondered if anyone has ever successfully broken a contract without penalty due to unresolvable service issues.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Possibility to cancel service due to unfixable network problem?

I would hope you could cancel.  I am not an attorney, but most contracts require actions by both parties.  In this case, you pay them, they provide a service.  If Sprint does not provide the service, then I believe they have violated the contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Take it to a Sprint corporate store and ask them to re provision your phone. Did you have an android device with sprint previously?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've never had an Android phone and this is my first phone with Sprint.  Brand new number as well. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been receiving the same text (901-6) for over a week now. Twenty or more a day and the Sprint tech folks tell me that they are aware of  the issue but have not discovered a fix yet.

We have re-provisioned the phone, deleted and reset network settings and blocked all short code texting but to no avail.

I will let you know if I ever get any resolution to this issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I, myself am experiencing this same issue. I contacted sprint support (via chat) and the lady tried to tell me to facotry reset and hard reset. Well I don't get nearly as many as some have listed, but we still use this phone just to play games on the wifi network.  It is frankly annoying.  I just changed my voicemail password on my new phone. I upgraded to the iphone 4S in August from the HTC EVO 4G.  I didn't receive this message until recently when we started using the phone via the wifi.  The evo we have is rooted, is that anyone elses problem as well?

Highlighted
Master

This sounds like a voicemail to text issue on the service.   Did you have the voice to text feature turned on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I actually did try the visual to text during a free trial but did not keep it.

Highlighted
Master

Can you send me a private message with your phone  number and pin or answer to security question along with permission to turn off the voicemail to text if needed?

Journeyman

I have been experiencing the same problem when I came from an EVO 3D to Iphone 5 late September. The Spring rep blocked the number but that only worked for about a week. I am still receiving the text messages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If like verizon sprint can disassociate your voicemail service from your account now would be a great time to try.  After successful (and saved vm purged) have them add it back.

... or purchase YouMail third party voicemail.  They'll provide you a dedicated number which you'll setup NoAnswerBusy forwarding to from your device.  On a good day (rarely) YouMail will collect OCN (Original Called Number) if you like other adults have more than one number [conditionally forwarding to your mobile device(s)].

Soonventually YouMail will be able to deliver notifications via XMPP Texting, free in the classical sense (without cost), instead of ANCIENT sms texting.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat