cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ THIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN IPHONE 4s***

Journeyman

Re: READ THIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN IPHONE 4s***

Keep in mind that an estimated 40% of Sprint iphones are having an issue. This isn't just a handful of people whinning for no reason.

Journeyman

I get between 6 and 63 kbps which is terrible.  I should note that in my area this is typically what I got with my Evo also (all last year until the iphone came out and i switched).  One weird thing though was if i tethered to my brothers sprint hotspot i would and still do get 1.5 mbps and up which i think is extremely strange being if he just ran a speed test on 3g he would get about the same results as i did.

Journeyman

So I got the Iphone 4S as pre-order for my wife.  At one point we experience some feedback/echo on the speaker when in a call.  So as sprint can't do technical work on the store we were sent to the Apple store, where at the end the phone was replace for a new one.   On the other side we do have issues with the data.  I have an old Hero and both are having about the same data speed when we test them.  So I do believe the towers are getting hamered because of so many new people integrating to Sprint because of the data plans.

Now, this data issue should be officialy accepted by Sprint and at least give us a peace of mind that they are going to work on it.  I have being with Sprint for some good time and would hate to have to leave because we are paying for a service that is barely usable.  I have like Sprint since the begining and hate to be in a possition like this.

I just want to have the reasurence from Sprint that there is a problem with the data and that it will be addressed.

Patron

I am crazy jealous of you and your fast iPhone. I had the original iphone with At&T and it was way faster than the iPhone 4s with Sprint.  Did you always have Sprint and maybe not know the difference? I was recently with a friend who has the iPhone 4s with AT&T we went to the same website. It took her phone a split second to load the page; mine took 8 mins before I got the blue box saying it could not connect to network or something like that. So upsetting       I have to go back to AT&T but I doubt anything is getting fixed my the time my 14 day return policy is up.

Journeyman

So yesterday my wife was with some friend and they were all (3 of them) downloading the same app.  My wife says that they all downloaded the app in a minute or so and that she lefted downloading, came back home and it finaly downloaded the app after it connected to our WIFI.  This is really sad.  Like I said, the problem might be Sprint network and I can tell the diference as my other phone (Hero) is slower than before.  I was planning on getting the iPhone 4S also and use it for work taking advantage of the data conectivity (I get some advantages with the iPhone with the comp that I work for) as I'm always on the road.  But now I'm really hesitant of doing this.

Journeyman

Not EVERYONE across the country is complaining about speeds.  I'm amazed at the speed.  Download:  15.66 mbps, upload:  10.83 mbps.  I didn't expect it to be so great.  Love the phone and love Sprint.  We started with ATT and couldn't get a decent signal.  Switched to Sprint and all's well. 

Wizard

Anyone on this thread from the Northern Indiana or Southern Michigan area? I live right next door to Notre Dame and would like to know the speeds here. Right now I have the Hero and would love the iphone but would like to be sure. The speeds on my son's Evo are good right now but my Hero has slowed down and I'm thinking of switching us to Verizon. So far, the coverage looks better with them but I need input first.

Please know that we are very happy with Sprint and never had any issues with customer service but we need good coverage. So please know that I am not saying anything negative at all.

Journeyman

Luannj, sorry for being blunt but you are either lying or you are on wifi not Sprint. Their 3g can't obtain those kinds of speeds its not theoretically possible.

Journeyman

Opps.  My bad.  I WAS on wifi.  But thanks for calling me a liar.  That's always pleasant.

Journeyman

On 3g I get download:  956, upload:  880 kbps

FYI

GrandMaster

which is actually pretty good for 3G. at least compared to other areas.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've been getting .82 Mbps and up for download.. I got up as high a 2mbps at one point. Upload I get .7mbps and up...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat