cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refusing to unlock off-contract the iPhone creates an awful customer experience

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Refusing to unlock off-contract the iPhone creates an awful customer experience

i was considering going back to sprint next month. ive changed my mind because they fail to unlock my device even though it should of been unlocked a long time ago. im sorry but until sprint makes the unlocking policies better for the customer in terms of following fcc regulations and stuff. i will not go back until they resolve their unlocking issues. until that time nothing will give me cause to come back. if a sprint rep aproaches me in a mall trying to convince me to go to them. i can clearly tell them no because i dont agree with their unlocking policies and they are dismal at best. At least i have a good excuse not to sign up now.

william sanders

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Refusing to unlock off-contract the iPhone creates an awful customer experience

Hello wsander1.

We are sorry to read you feel this way. I would like you to understand that Sprint will not refuse to Unlock any device that qualifies. Some device are ineligible to be Unlocked for different reasons. One of the reasons that Sprint will not Unlock the device maybe due to a pending balance on the account. Sometime a device is sold on the web to unsuspecting consumers who do not know the device can not be Unlocked because of a pending balance. Sprint Policy requires that you have the accounts information before we can Unlock the device. This is because we require to access the account and we can not without the customers authorization. We hope this has given you a better understanding as to why sometimes the devices are not eligible to be Unlocked.   

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat