cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return period ends 13 days from your contract date! Not 14 days!

Highlighted
Journeyman

14 days includes your contract day. So if you purchased phone on release day (14th); the 27th is your last day to return your iPhone during risk free period. Exchanged mines for AT&T iPhone today. I heard many customers say 28th. That's not correct.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Ermmm.....

duh.

You think the first day is a freebie??  Haha.

Journeyman

Re: Return period ends 13 days from your contract date! Not 14 days!

onewhoknows wrote:

Ermmm.....

duh.

2011-10-27_2047 sprint return.png

they are starting the timer on the grace period when THEY activate it before shipping--not when YOU physically activate it after receiving the phone.

how are you supposed to "TRY" the device if it is siting in a cardboard box while being shipped.

Journeyman

Re: Return period ends 13 days from your contract date! Not 14 days!

ucmd03 wrote:

onewhoknows wrote:

Ermmm.....

duh.

they are starting the timer on the grace period when THEY activate it before shipping--not when YOU physically activate it after receiving the phone.

how are you supposed to "TRY" the device if it is siting in a cardboard box while being shipped.

It says "within 14 days of activation".  The phone is not activated when it's shipped.  It kind of needs to be turned on to be activated.  It's activated when you turn it on for the first time.

Wizard

onewhoknows wrote:

ucmd03 wrote:

onewhoknows wrote:

Ermmm.....

duh.

It says "within 14 days of activation".  The phone is not activated when it's shipped.  It kind of needs to be turned on to be activated.  It's activated when you turn it on for the first time.

Not necessarily true.  According to people I spoke to at the local corporate store, some phones are shipped "hot" and are therefore activated before you technically receive it.  There are plenty of cases of people posting here who are upset that they didn't get 14 days.

Journeyman

Is that 14 business days. which doesn't count sat sun or holidays

or 14 days altogether?

JUDGES!

Wizard

definitely ALL days, not business days

Journeyman

Here is my experience with the return ... ( I copied my post from other therad here)

SAVE YOURSELF IF YOU ARE STILL WITHIN 2 WEEKS RETURN TIME

"FROM THE DAY YOU PLACED THE ORDER"

Here is my story -- ATT  to SPRINT to VERIZON

Just like most of you I pre-ordered iPhone 4s with Sprint on the release date based on my prior good experience with Sprint. My 2yr contract with ATT was over just in time. I had call drop issues with ATT. I had "Unlimited Data" with ATT and could have got 4s in the same plan "Grant Fathered".Went to sprint since Verizon did not have Unlimited Data.

Got two sprint iphone 4s....Excited...Everything cool...except that the data speed was very very slow. Sometime close to .20 which is worthless to browse unless you have all day. Add Siri network connectin issue on top of that... Max I could find was .50 mbps. I thought the speedtest could be wrong, however, what if my website gets hanging in there for long time. DISAPPOINTED... Add insult to injury...the battery life was also very pathetic. Coud it be the radio?... Many things I went through...Tried many fixes suggested on this thread.. No improvement... Called customer service and opened a ticket. Customer servicer manager acknowledged this is a national issue.  He also assured me that I have two weeks "FROM THE DATE OF ACTIVATION" to return it.

Weighted couple more days for sprint to fix the issue...Finally last Saturday, I knew I was getting close to the lock in period and decided to return it. Now the fun starts...

Calls Sprint cust care.. They say.. Return it to local sprint store.  OK fine

Calls Local Sprint Store...They say, "Yes,  we can take it but you have to pay $35 restorck fee for each phone and forfeit #36 activation fee. That is $140 for me since I have two phones.

Calls custcare again...I claimed that I have to switch to another carrier before my 2yr lock-in period starts. This data issue is your problem and my iphone is useless if you cannot provide industry standard data speed on 3g. Spent a lot of time on phone with the rep and she finally found out that I should only loose my activation fee (#70) and do not have to pay the restocking fee. She also gave me a note number which I can refer to if the store creates a problem again. She also added, by the way, YOUR TWO WEEKS PERIOD STARTS ON THE DAY YOU PLACED ORDER.(I am thinking..first of all it was a pre order and how in the world I can return something in two weeks if they actually took took two weeks to ship?..). 

I was also facing another issue.. To keep my existing number I need to find two iPhone 4s locally and port the number over. Called around 15+ Verizon stores... No body has 4s in stock. Finally, found a store who had two iphone 32gb. Went there ported the number over.

It was 5pm by then and I call Sprint customer care again to know how many days I have to return the phone after cancellation.  And the rep says, that same day (saturday) was my last day to return the phone physically to the store otherwise you are looking at paying full price of each phone ($600 + $600 = $1200).  He also assured me that the phone has to be in the sprint shop physically by end of today to escape this. Oh My....I was about to collapse...What if the sprint stores close by 5pm today? Luckily, I found a store that's open till 7pm. Went straight up there. When I mentioned about the note # provided by the custrep. Store says, I have to pay the restock fee and activation fee as per the note. I had no time or energy to fight this anymore since it all started in the morning and still going on..The return process took another hour and a half since the person did not have a clue of how to process this return.

Lost about $140 in the process.. However...I am much happy that I did it. After one week, the phone is still rock solid with Verizon...2GB data is plenty enough due to the number of WIFI spots we have now available around the country. After one week, I'm still below 100mb.

Hope no one will have to go through this again...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat