cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Codes do not work in the iPhone 4S?

SOLVED
Journeyman

Short Codes do not work in the iPhone 4S?

I have tried to enter the Sprint contest on the Survivor TV show for the past 3 weeks and I have called Sprint 3 times on this issue. The short Code 54555 is rejected with a MSG 1051 Message Failed Shortcode may have expired or shortcode texting may be blocked on your account MSG 1051. Sprint confirmed that shortcode is NOT blocked on my account and it still doesn't work. "Rebooted" iphone like Sprint Tech Support suggested, that didn't work. Finally Sprint Tech support duplicated the error and said it doesn't work with iPhone. You mean to tell me Sprint can't make short codes work on the iPhone or did I get a "goofy" Tech support person too lazy to really solve the problem?

41 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Short Codes do not work in the iPhone 4S?

AngryiPhone69,

Could you please private message me so I can look further into this and see if I can fix this issue?

Thanks,

Ray

AngryiPhone69,

Is it working now?

Ray

Journeyman

Yes it is thanks, stupid human error, sorry to botyher you.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue...same error. Please help.

raylitherland67 you help is needed.

Thanks

Journeyman

Angry

can you explain what you did to fix it? I am having the same issue.    

Journeyman

This isn't working on my Iphone 4s at all either - I've tried this numerous times since getting the I phone in February and it completely stinks that for $150 a month I can't short text for offers!!!!!  c'mon sprint get with it!!  HOW do I fix this mess????

mnair and whateverdudette,

Please send me a private message and I will be glad to look into your issues with short codes. I may just have to unblock you.

Ray

Journeyman

How do I fix this?  Just got an iPhone 4S at the end of July, and I can't text short codes, and when I try and setup SMS on my google calendar, I never get the code.

Journeyman

China Mobile users, I want to unlock my iPhone 4S, seeking good-hearted people to help this Xianxie, my IMEI 99 000 102 4497 844 ICCID 8986 0081 1107 7121 0000 MEID 99 000 102 449 784

Chinese number +86 13819491626

Good faith for the good-hearted people to help. . . I can never thank you enough. I wish to help my longevity, good health.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.