cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowest 3G

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

I switch over from AT&T to Sprint just the fact that plan is better and of course the new iphone 4s.  Now, my 3G experience with AT&T was awesome but with Sprint I'm saying to myself this is a downgrade technology going backwards.  remember dial up? Well this is sprint dial up speed.  Im from the silicon valley, I did a speedtest in downtown and I get a whopping .19 down .08 upload speed really sprint!?! I have 1 more week til my option to go back to AT&T do something about this sprint.

Tags (5)
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Journeyman

Slowest 3G

sprint.PNG 

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

3G_SlowEst wrote:

I switch over from AT&T to Sprint just the fact that plan is better and of course the new iphone 4s.  Now, my 3G experience with AT&T was awesome but with Sprint I'm saying to myself this is a downgrade technology going backwards.  remember dial up? Well this is sprint dial up speed.  Im from the silicon valley, I did a speedtest in downtown and I get a whopping .19 down .08 upload speed really sprint!?! I have 1 more week til my option to go back to AT&T do something about this sprint.

I guess you missed the 33 page post about this this issue:

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

Its not jsut the Iphone 4S though.  I have the Evo 4G and jsut the last 6 weeks the data on both 3G and 4G has been crawiling.  Its just ungodly slow, did sprint throttle back and slow down its network?  Sure seems that way.  If they don't speed things up I'm heading back to AT&T when my contract expires in 9 months.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

RS5280 wrote:

Its not jsut the Iphone 4S though.  I have the Evo 4G and jsut the last 6 weeks the data on both 3G and 4G has been crawiling.  Its just ungodly slow, did sprint throttle back and slow down its network?  Sure seems that way.  If they don't speed things up I'm heading back to AT&T when my contract expires in 9 months.

Exactly.  My 3G speeds on my EVO have been terrible for quite a while also.  I mentioned it in the other "mega" post but nobody wants to hear it.  They all want to believe it was caused by the iPhone or is an iPhone only issue.

Wizard

Slowest 3G

the problem is that there are a bunch of people who came over from ATT looking for a 4S with unlimited data... they have nothing to compare it to so they are assuming it's a new development that will somehow soon be fixed.  It's like a person who moves next to a super highway but then realizes that traffic is bumper-to-bumper all the time.  To carry the analogy further... Sprint promising that it will be fixed is like the local politicians telling you that they will find a way to alleviate the traffic by next week... I can't understand how it's gonna happen without building another lane which isn't going to be done any time soon.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

Dowloading apps and sending pictures takes forever.  I have only been with Sprint and hope they can get this fixed.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

I agree...it started a few weeks before the I-phone hit

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

I did just the same, I left at&t because there service is getting terrible and they don't have a unlimted plan but I did see already how people was talking about the slow speeds of the 3g on the iphone4s but being that I have always had a iphone it is always an issue when an iphone comes out because realize when its still being tested at apple its speeds may be super fast but they never test it on a carrier to see if any problems will exist, but i beleive that sprint and apple will fix it and come out with another update but it wont be anytime soon but other than slow speeds I can say the service is better than at&t.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

$print is premium prices and crappy service.  The new company motto.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

those speed tests are notoriously inaccurate. dont beleive it.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

OK, use your eyes.  My sister has an Iphone on AT&T.  She loads pages twice as fast as my Galaxy 2 on Sprint.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat