cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowest 3G

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

True at&t does have the best speed but as far as signal i think they fail at that and if they buy out t-miobile i believe its gone to get worst

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

I dont know I havent been with sprint long but i will see later on, all i know is places where i go when i had a at&t phne i didnt have signal but know since i switched to sprint the service is awesome so again i cant complain right now but if it does best believe i will be back up here complaining

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

Sprint's horrible 3G speeds have nothing to do with the iPhone. I moved from AT&T to Sprint in June 2010 when the Evo came out. Speeds were good at 1MB+/sec down consistently for about 4 months, then Sprint rolled out 4G and 3G speeds mysteriously dropped 80%-90%. There was no gradual slow down. It was a jump off a cliff. For the last 11 months I've been averaging 100-200kpbs in Los Angeles. Sometimes better, sometimes worse, but the total experience has been pretty awful. In fact, I'm terminating my contract early and going back to AT&T. This will take effect tomorrow when my phone arrives.

Again, the slowdown has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE IPHONE. Sprint's 3G network has been horrific for almost a year now. Just read the Sprint forums. You'll find an endless stream of upset customers complaining, with zero response from Sprint, that I know of at least. My 7 calls to tech did nothing, so I'm assuming everyone else is getting the same cold shoulder.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

I'm actually getting decent 3G speeds down (1-2Mb) on my Epic 4g, but slower than dial up with the uploads (<40k). Makes it very difficult to send anything like a pic to anyone.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

In all honesty I think there is a very simple solution to this whole  data speed issue that Sprint should honestly consider. For those  individuals whom have honestly tried their best to resolve their speed  issue with Sprint to no avail should simply be given the option to  cancel their contract and return the phones without an ETF. If in all  honesty the issue (as stated by Sprint) is isolated to a single digit  percentage of users, then they don't have that much to lose. In fact I  would think that it would be less of a headache to have users constantly  calling the customer service line for hours at a time to resolve an  issue that, in my experience thus far, cannot be solved very easily or  immediately. Its only fair that if Sprint cannot consistantly provide a  service that its charging for at the minimum promised speed (600 kbps  download) then it infact is breaking its commitment to its customers.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

At&t baby

001.PNG

Journeyman

Re: Slowest 3G

Hi folks;

I am a new customer for Sprint (recently switched from T-mobile where I stayed for 10+ years)

Reason why I switched - iPhone + Unlimited plans.However as we know nothing is free in our world. After 2 month of using iPhone 4S with Sprint 3G network I will say T-mobile EDGE much, much faster then Sprint (I telling you as the former T-mobile customer with iPhone 3GS).

When I called several times to Sprint CS always I hear same respond to my complain - "It is VERY strange, we do not have any network issue in your area (New York City)." So why is it so SLOW? I asked. and did not get any respond which give me a slightest hope.

Bellow you can find speedtest log which I runned and reported speed for T-mobile 3G network with iPhone 4S.

photo.PNG

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/12/tmobile_usa_iphone_3g.jpg

P.S.: If you want to have real speed in Sprint 3G you have to wait till 3 AM

UPDATE: PRL update (##873283#) has been done several times, as of Network reset and iPhone complite reset. Speed still the same - VERY SLOW.

Message was edited by: bigjoshua68 at 15:58 EST 12/20/11

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

Out of curiosity, where were you able to get a 3G service with T-Mobile on an iPhone 4S?  Normally, T-Mobile's 3G service runs on AWS spectrum which is 1700MHz paired with 2100MHz.  As the iPhone 4S does not support 1700MHz, T-Mobile users have been limited to EDGE speeds.  However, there have been sporadic reports recently (Nevada comes to mind) of T-Mobile activating 3G service on 1900MHz.  It would appear that T-Mobile is cutting back on their 2G GSM spectrum usage on 1900MHz and starting to add 3G capacity to that band.  This is probably only the third screen capture I have seen with "T-Mobile 3G" being displayed on an iPhone 4S.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

T-mobile offers the iphone?

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

ColonolKlink wrote:

No.  You can buy an unlocked one directly from Apple and insert a T-Mobile SIM.

Journeyman

Slowest 3G

Thanks Zzznorch.  I forgot you can do that.  I forgot you can buy an unlocked iphone and use on other carriers (except Sprint). 

Zzznorch wrote:

ColonolKlink wrote:

No.  You can buy an unlocked one directly from Apple and insert a T-Mobile SIM.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat