cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone Stole my iPhone 4S, and Sprint/Apple are of no help.

Highlighted

Someone Stole my iPhone 4S, and Sprint/Apple are of no help.

I'm so angry! Not only do I have to go through the hassle of finding another phone and deal with the fact that I paid $300 for that thing, but Sprint and Apple are freaking useless! I paid $100 for that damn Apple Care that doesn't even do anything in this situation, and in order to get another of the same phone I had, I will have to pay $700+! I don't have the money for this, and now I'm this close to moving to another carrier. Thanks for nothing, Sprint. IF, by some weird circumstance, I find another affordable (as if) iPhone 4/4S, will my Apple Care move over to that new phone, or did I waste $100?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not due for an upgrade until September of next year, by the way.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Someone Stole my iPhone 4S, and Sprint/Apple are of no help.

You can contact Apple and cancel the Apple care and they will refund you the remaining balance left on the insurance.

Wizard

NebulasInBloom,

I am sorry to hear that your iPhone was stolen. AppleCare+ AppleCare+ does not cover Lost/Stolen iPhones. Have you tried to locate your lost device through iCloud? To answer your question Apple will allow the transfer of AppleCare+ from a Lost/Stolen device to a new iPhone if the 2 devices were purchased within 30 days of each other. As mentioned in previous post, contacting Apple to ensure your warranty is transferable is the better option. I have also heard of other iPhone owners who had their device lost or stolen and they had to file a claim with their home insurance. Not sure how factual that is, however, I have heard them say it works.

Markie_B

Journeyman

NebulasInBloom wrote:

I'm so angry!  I'm this close to moving to another carrier. Thanks for nothing, Sprint.

But there is no more that another carrier would do for you. It's a hard lesson for sure, but next time you'll either get a protection plan (that includes loss/theft) or take much greater care with your smartphone.

Journeyman

im going thru the same thiing i was robbed (at gunpoint!!) and my phone was taken not much i couldve done about that... and now i have to pay out of pocket hundreds of dollars..i DONT have that whats the protection plan.. i thought apple care was my protection that is the insurnace they offered me when i bought the phone...??

Master

I certainly understand the frustration and the trauma of having the device stolen.  The Applecare+ protection plan is the only plan we are allowed to sell with the I phone.  I is a extended warranty with Apple they do not cover the device against loss or theft. Some home insurance plans do cover you against this loss you would have to contact your carrier for that information.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat