cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Texts

Patron

Spam Texts

Recently I've been receiving spam text messages from Gmail accounts and various spam websites. While I pay for unlimited text messages i'd still feel more comfortable if I were able to block these spam texts and virus/spam riddled texts. Any advice? Should I change my #?

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Spam Texts

You can forward the messages to Spam (7726)   You can also sign on to sprint .com and block the numbers or email address that are sending the spam to you   hope this helps

Highlighted
Patron

I've already forwarded them to 7726 which doesn't seem to help as i keep getting the spam. I dont know how to block the numbers/email addresses as the only "block" option i find on Sprint.com is the option to block the ability to send messages myself. The messages are coming from fake @Gmail accounts and @Partner.Tracker sites

Journeyman

I keep receiving similar email/text messages on my HTC Arrive, have tried the same trouble-shootings mentioned and still nothing...  it's annoying... If you don't mind me asking, would you let me know if you have found a solution? Thank you, it' will definitely be appreciated.

Master

Given the e-mail address are fake  @gmail.com and @partner.com.  The entire domain @gmail.com and @partner.com can be blocked from sending you text messages.   This can be done on Sprint.com by signing into your account going to the preference tab scrolling down to block text.  Then select the device you wish to block.  You should then get a series of radio buttons, click on block only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages.  Enter the phone number, email address, or domain you would like to block and select add number.  When all address or numbers have been added select save at the bottom of the page.    The use of fake addresses makes it much more difficult to stop the messages. I hope this helps with the problem

Journeyman

I've been gettting text spam from well known junk hosting services.  The last two were www.HotiPadLink.com and www.WmartSSL.com at 199.59.166.86 (Black Lotus).  Both redirect to 66.175.110.230  (Terremark).  I can't recall seeing anything legitimate hosted at Black Lotus.  Terremark has that address in public blacklists.

Journeyman

I've got two lines on my account and the main line (mine) I haven't gotten any spam, but my second line (my mom) has gotten some and it's from the www.WmartSSL.com as well.    I'll have to let her know to let me know when she get's one as I've forgotten about doing the spam deal and didn't even think of getting more info for the blocking of the number. 

Journeyman

It is obvious that Sprint does not have the skill sets to effectively stop these types of spam.  Evidently, they would rather get the money that they can charge from the recieved texts rather than ensure that we as customers are protected.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat