cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint 3G Speed Still Lacking

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint's 3G speed is still very slow. Sprint needs to update their network because I am getting relatively slow speeds basically everywhere compared to AT&T which is what my sister has. I am currently in Florida. I get about .80 mbps while my sisters AT&T iPhone 4s is hitting speeds up to 3 mbps in the same area! Sprint is really slacking. I am unhappy with the network performance. Sprint, are you guys going to do something about this or am i going to have to switch to AT&T? Please fix. I dont want to switch.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

You get .80 Mbps (~800Kbps)?! You know, a lot of folks on Sprint's network would LOVE those speeds. I'll bet the towers closest to you have already been upgraded. Check out https://network.sprint.com/.

Journeyman

I was in Disney World a week after I got my iPhone 4S.  I got absolutely no signal at the resort which was on the premises.  I had to wait until I got on the shuttle or go to an actual resort to check the World Series scores.  I thought I had a month to try the service, but found out that it got changed to 14 days.  So I have been out of luck and the speeds are not so much better in Denver, CO.  2 and a half months later, I have not seen much of an improvement at all.  I agree with Bob_McNoodle.  I would kill for .80 mbps. 

Journeyman

Sprint advertises their 3G to be 600kbps to 1400kbps.  So you are within the acceptable advertised speed.  Wish I had been

Journeyman

i'm below speeds below 300 kb/s iF IN LUCKY! i usually avaerage around 150 kb/s or i roam

Journeyman

Im with you.  I had the same.  I would hit an occasional 800kbps.  But usually 100-300kbps was my average.  Hit 900kbps one time.  And 5kbps another

ChrisNorris19 wrote:

i'm below speeds below 300 kb/s iF IN LUCKY! i usually avaerage around 150 kb/s or i roam

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat