cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Navigation not available on iPhone 4s?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I read that the iPhone 4s does not support Sprint Navigation.  Is that correct?  If so is there an alternative voice navigation app available for the Sprint iPhone 4s?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

mapquest app in the app store has voice guided turn by turn directions and it's free.

Highlighted
Journeyman

He asked for a navigation app, not an app to give you directions.

The answer is no, not yet

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am not sure what you mean, but here is my little input   The iphone 4s doesn't support SPRINTS NAVIGATION, you are correct.  You can download applications from the App Store, such as Telenav, which I personally use and love. If you are willing to pay 9.99 / year for a voice guided turn by turn directions and a little more features.  Or, MApquest, people are saying gives turn by turn directions with voice.  If you want a subscribtion to the Tele Nav system, Please email spencer@spencerhawkins.net ... I will give you my log in information which is only numbers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use the Mapquest app all the time. First of all its free.. Second off all it IS a navigation system. It will give you turn by turn voice commands or you can look at the directions on the screen. It is NOT as good as the Google app. Google is always up to date with exit closures, construction and so on. Mapquest is not always.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the telenav application, only because I used it on a previous iphone, and paid for it then.  HOWEVER, I still have a regular gps mounted in my car, which I prefer to use, so I can freely use my iPhone when I want And I used my Ipod touch 4th gen for the music use, so I dont have to keep changing music on the iphone, while trying to text drive voice calls and navigate.  Then, I also have an ipad mounted in the car for fun. LMFAO.  But, telenav, I just got because I liked it, and I paid for it once, and the subscription can transfer if you have the correct log in formation

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Navigation not available on iPhone 4s?

I, too was looking for something- then I came across an app called "Waze".  It's free and, in my opinion, better than Sprint Navigation.  It is, for lack of a better term, "different".  In addition to the navigation, there's fun and games, community participation, etc (which is all optional).  The best part is that it tracks all kinds of info and presents "reports" to you on realtime traffic conditions, police spottings, accidents, etc.

Anyways, check out Waze- it's a neat concept and an execellent voice guided, turn by turn navigation app for free!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Waze rools!!

It's way better than Mapquest or Telenav on iPhone. I'd actually pay money for it if it wasn't free.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat