cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Upgrade iPhone from EVO

Go to solution
Highlighted

After reading a few posts in the community I am really confused.

I have always been eligible for an upgrade in the amount of $150 one year after renewing a 2 year contract.  Usually each June I upgrade to a new phone, but this year I did not.  I continued to use my Evo and was excited to see the iPhone was coming to Sprint.  I figured I could use my upgrade and get the iPhone for $199.

Come Friday at 2 a.m. central time I login to pre-order my iPhone and my account tells me I am not eligible for an upgrade and that I must wait another 132 days (which will be the end of my full 2 year contract).  I emailed Sprint asking about the upgrade and the only response I received was that the Sprint Premier Program was going away, but not until December... So where is my upgrade?  I noticed in the posts that some people still had their $150 upgrades and others did not.  I guess I could call, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Olivia

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Many people are. Sprint ended the early Upgrade on OCT 1st( I believe that was the date) of this year. You still have the chance to upgrade before DEC. of next year as long as you are on or after your upgrade eligibility date. So by that time if and I mean IF the Iphone 5 is out you will be happy with that. Sad to say you have to wait till then.

On my account I have two Phones. One that I upgraded to the new Iphone and the other is available Next April, which i will save for the Iphone 5.

Master

Without accessing your account I don't want to guess to answer your question. Do you have more than one line on your account? Which rate plan are you on?

When we are in your account we can see contract date - monthly recurring charges and premier status the way it used to be. If you don't have time to call in you can use CHAT. The CHAT link does not show up when you are in Communities or Forums - Go to the top of the page click on My Sprint>>My Account Wait for about 45 seconds and you should see the CHAT button appear next to your login name. If it doesn’t appear click on See My Bill and wait a few seconds. Click on the CHAT button for someone to verify your account information and gain access to your account. You can also dial *2 from your handset. On the forums we just don't have access to your account, sorry.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

I am in the same boat with you, OMCMASTERS.  I'm a Premiere Gold member, bought my Evo in July 2010, due for my annual upgrade, with my 2-year contract ending July 2012.  So, to avoid any further confusion and speculation on my part, I decided to call Sprint.  I spoke with a rep. and simply asked, "I want to know where I stand with getting the iPhone 4s."  She looked at my account, noticed my Premiere Gold status, checked that I was due for my annual upgrade within that program, and said "You are eligible for the $199 price, but what we must do is make your line the primary line, which we have done, but it will take one billing cycle to appear.  Once that is reflected, you will either (1) be immediately eligible for the $199, or (2) you may have to wait a week or two to allow the system to show your upgrade." (I was paraphrasing there).  I was happy with that answer, and didn't even ask why I would have to be the primary to get the upgrade, because it's not a huge rush for me.  THEN, and without me even asking, she said "I'm going to put my supervisor on the phone to confirm everything."  So a supervisor got on the phone, reiterated everything the rep. said.  I asked that we just ensure that this is noted on my account, so that when the time comes to purchase, some store rep. is clueless and I'm having to spend an hour on the phone to straighten it out.  He assured me this would happen, and that the account was noted.

I would strongly suggest you do what I did.  Now I'll just have to wait and see if what they said will actually happen!

Hope this helps.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat