cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint finally admits why it won't upgrade my plan now

Journeyman

I tried to pre-order an iPhone 4s, but was told I needed to change my plan.  OK.

So I upgraded my plan.

Take 2: I tried to pre-order an iPhone 4s, but was told my plan would not upgrade until the end of the billing cycle (10/31/11).  So no iPhone 4s until then.  Ummm . . . OK.

I called Sprint and asked what could I do to pre-order a 4s.  I am told: nothing.  Sprint used to allow people to change plans mid-billing cycle, but when people got their next bill, they were too confused, so Sprint decided that its customers were too stupid to allow mid-billing cycle plan changes.  Therefore, no one is allowed to switch mid-cycle.

Nothing like being treated as a product of the American public school system (which I am not).

I then was told that if I go to a store on 10/14/11, and buy a phone in person, my plan will switch immediately.  My response: so you are telling me that in fact it is possible to switch my plan mid-cycle, you just won't do it.  Response: "the computer won't let me."

My proposal: How about I cancel my plan entirely (I am out of contract), and immediately sign a new contract with the plan I want.  The response by the friendly customer service reprsentative's supervisor was incoherent, but it was clear that she would have nothing to do with that.

So I went to a Sprint brick and mortar store and explained the situation.  The best I could do: pre-order the iPhone 4s now.  It will arrive "bricked" (inactive) on 10/14/11, but at least I will have it.  I then will have to take it into the store to activate it.  Upon activation, they will change my plan.

Can't wait to deal with the mob outside the store because I am too stupid to understand Sprint's invoice:

http://www.computerworld.com/common/images/site/features/2011/03/apple_ipad2_line.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Sprint finally admits why it won't upgrade my plan now

"I tried to pre-order an iPhone 4s...

So I went to a Sprint brick and mortar store and explained the situation.  The best I could do: pre-order the iPhone 4s now."

It must be rough living with such hardship. I feel for you.

"Nothing like being treated as a product of the American public school system (which I am not)."

You seem a bit slow for one educated in such a superior, private manner.

"It will arrive "bricked" (inactive) on 10/14/11, but at least I will have it."

A phone that has not yet been activated is not the same as a phone that has been "bricked". If you were even slightly as smart as you try to make yourself sound, smarter than the people who went to public schools that you insult in your post, then you would know what "bricked" means.

The iPhone, nothing brings out the elitists more than an overpriced gadget.

Master

malvok wrote:

"It will arrive "bricked" (inactive) on 10/14/11, but at least I will have it."

A phone that has not yet been activated is not the same as a phone that has been "bricked". If you were even slightly as smart as you try to make yourself sound, smarter than the people who went to public schools that you insult in your post, then you would know what "bricked" means.

Actually, Apple terms an inactive iPhone as "bricked" in all of our training materials. I don't know why... but that is the term they use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It has been stated more eloquently than I can say, but here goes. Throughout all of these forums there seems to be a sense of entitlement, "I want an iPhone... I am a loyal customer (Apparently so loyal..they are willing to leave ...go figure). I am leaving to got to Verizon /ATT etc... (Compare their prices and I wonder why someone would cut off their noses to spite their faces)

Apple releases a new iphone every year. If you are not able to get the iPhone 4s this year , the iPhone 5 will come out next year. I am sure most of you got smartphones that run Andriod, so i'ts not like you got a plain feature phone that only calls , texts and gets the occational stipped down web page.  Sprint offers a tremendous value..a good selection of cutting edge phones...and network that has been very reliable for me and my family. Yes there are aspects that could improve..but if you think the grass is greener somewhere else..by all means,,,indulge yourselves.

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

Actually, Apple terms an inactive iPhone as "bricked" in all of our training materials. I don't know why... but that is the term they use.

What a strange thing to do, it is not only incorrect in a tehnological sense but it doesn't make sense gramatically.

Journeyman

If this were true customers would be turned away from stores everyday. I agree by default your plan changes on the bill cycle date but you have the option to change it at anytime if thats what you need.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat