cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint iPhone 4s Activation

Journeyman

How are we suppose to activate our Sprint iPhone 4s when we are on a partner's network? I live in Dodge City, KS 67801 and have an iPhone 4s which I reset because I am trying to figure out my battery issues - now it says no Service and will not reactivate.

This happened when I originally got my phone back in October but I luckily had to go to San Diego that Sunday so my phone connected to a sprint owned tower. But alas, here I am again out where I live (the coverage is great through United Wireless - a Sprint carrier partner) but it will not activate so I cannot make calls or text.

This needs to be fixed - how do i get my phone activated without driving 3 hours to Wichita KS?

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Would a Sprint Airave fix my current issue and prevent this from happening again?

Master

Re: Sprint iPhone 4s Activation

The iPhone can be activated on Wifi, while connected to iTunes, and Over the air while in Sprint coverage.

I would be happy to help you to get it activated right away.  Do you have access to wifi service or a computer with internet access?

-John

EDIT

In reply to your second question, unfortunately no it would not.  The activation signal is not broadcast over the Airave signal.  If you have a phone that will only activate over the air...then it must have access to a Sprint signal from a tower.  Once your device is activated however, then an Airave could make a tower directly in your house and support up to 6 phones over 5,000 square feet.

Journeyman

Yes, I have tried both over the air via WIFI and via iTunes. Unfortunately I have a feeling since the cell towers are not Sprint owned - the device is not doing the initial hookup - it just says No Service after I go through the activation steps (via wifi or iTunes).

Master

If it fails to activate over wifi, please tripple tap the home button and try to reactivate it again.  If it fails again, does it say any type of error message?  Is this the same iPhone you had before or is it different?  Do I need to activate this device on your account...maybe we don't have the proper serial number...If you want me to assist, and you have another phone we can talk on, please private message me with your cell #, callback #, and pincode/sec answer and I will try my best to help you get it activated so you can avoid driving so far.

Thanks

-John

Journeyman

It is the same iPhone I had previously. It is already registered to my account and unfortunately I dont have another line right now.

Master

Ok.  Well if you have tried to repeat the activation and it is unsuccessful, it sounds like you've already exhausted all the available options.  If you can pick up a Sprint signal...you can press ##873283# to force it to immediately go into activation mode. 

Sorry about the inconvenience to you.

-John

Journeyman

will this number work for any iphone 4s? im having the same problem

Master

yes it will it force a network update

Journeyman

it wont let me activate my phone on here, how do i personally do it... it says im not giving the right serial number.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat