cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint iPhone 64gb 4s - Activated but can't send text messages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I got my 4s today and it activated just fine. I'm able to call out perfectly. The problem is that text messages are not going through. I just get a little red exclamation mark to the right of the message and it does not send.

Anyone experience this issue?

Thanks,

J

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint iPhone 64gb 4s - Activated but can't send text messages.

I am getting it as well.  CSR stated that there was a system outage.  Advised her not true because I have a Motorola XPRT and HTC Evo 3D and was able to send text messages from both of them to each of the lines on my account.  She then advised that it was only for the iPhone because they have so many customers upgrading.  I told her that is  bs because it's all on the same network, to which she said Apple is different.  Also couldn't give me a etr either other than hopefully in an hour, which was now well over an hour ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am having that problem with the iPhone 4S 32gb. I am also getting repeat incoming texts. The only texts that appear to be working are iMessages. I've been on the phone with Sprint for over 1.5 hours, got cut off and despite giving them a call back number, I have had to call them back and have been on hold 41 minutes. Regretting getting the iPhone from Sprint right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I think it may not be just our iPhones.  One of my other phones, the Motorola XPRT, is repeatedly sending the same text I sent to the EVO earlier when I was checking to see if the other phones were having send problems as on the iphone.  Soooo....maybe it may not be just our iphone experiencing texting issues.  Anyone else with other phones having problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So are the troubles of the early adopters, those who rush out and buy a device on launch day get to "work the kinks out." Good Luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just wanted to let everyone know that I did figure out what was happening. Apparently there is some kind of bug in the air rave devices that sprint offers. I've been using an air rave for some time but just recently noticed that even on my Evo I was unable to send texts while at home.  All I did was unplug my air rave and then the iPhone started working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have a airrave that Sprint provided because we were having tower issues in my area. If you unplug the airrave, do you still have good signal strength?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I unplugged airave and guess what?  Able to send texts now.  Two, sometime three bars on iphone, zero to three on XPRT and EVO 3D.  Full signal and 3G with airave connected.  Getting ready to call Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an Airrave.  I have had no problems sending texts with my iPhone 4S.  Which Airrave do you have?  I did have to reset my Airrave after my activation though because my phone was ONLY working on the Airave.  Reseting the Airave fixed that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks All. I reset my Airave and now the texts are working just fine. That was the only problem I've had with the iPhone. Love it otherwise. Glad there is a forum where users can help each other because all the time I spent on the phone with Sprint today produced nothing! Thanks again for the help!!!

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

@UncleDagger - Yes, we have a known issue when in Airave coverage customers may either receive or send multiple text messages. Our fix agents are working on the issue. Some customers have been able to reset their Airave with positive results as mentioned here in this forum.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the exact issue. I went through 4 reps and 2.5 hrs on the phone. We even cleaned the iphone and re-installed as new. Nothing helped until I came to this thread. I reset the airave and its works fine now. The reps were clueless and 3 of these were advanced care techs. Me, the customer had to track down a solution. Sprint knew about this iphone -airave conflict and did not pass this to their reps. Sloppy iphone roll out !

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat