cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint store waiting list

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did the whole buy a $50 gift card and get on the waiting list for the 4S thing at my local Sprint store last Tuesday (October 18th). I reserved the 32gb black one but I still haven't received a call yet. Anybody else do the same sort of thing and hear anything from your store? I know Sprint's website says that it ships out in 1-2 weeks but when I went in to get on the waiting list, the lady that helped me said that it only took 4 days (including Saturday and Sunday) for the last batch of people on the list to get their phones. I'm just really anxious to get my iPhone and wondering if anybody knows about anything thats going on.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, if one of your friends did not work at the Sprint Stores, you were left out in the cold.  The local Sprint store here "claimed" they did not receive any iPhones on October 14.  However, when I went by the store around lunch time on October 14 a friend of one of the employees was there purchasing his iPhone.  I knew it was a friend because i had seen them leave the store and go to lunch together a few months earlier in the year.  Good Luck but until all the employee's friends get their iPhones, you are going to be out of luck

Highlighted
Wizard

Imhotep,

I looked up the pre-order information but nothing refers to pre-orders made after 10/11. Did you attempt to contact that store to get an ETA?

"Sprint expects pre-order shipments placed on or before 10/11 to arrive on 10/14 and no later than on 10/15. Any pre-orders placed on the Web on 10/12 or 10/13 will follow the current standard shipping service levels for Web sales customer (3 to 8 business days for delivery)."

MrBaseball7

All my good friends are under my employee account and unfortunately, employee accounts are not allowed to activate the iPhone yet (to make sure our customers' needs are met first!). It would certainly be unfortunate if it were the case, but perhaps he just got his friend to pre-order earlier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did the same preorder thing last monday, Oct 17. I preordered 2 black 16gb. I went today to ask if they knew when i would get them and the store manager just told me that he had no idea when they would get more in. He did mention that they were in fact backordered, and therefore might take a while. Texas

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same. I ordered two white iphone 4s 32gb on the 15th, the day after the launch. The lady that helped me that day even mentioned that there was a shipment that day which cleared most of the waitlist form the day before so I was optimistic about in about halve a week. But it is already been a week and almost a halve, still no answer. I even called in and tried to ask how far down the list I am, and tried to get an estimate of when I will get the phone, but they never gave me any real answer. This is getting quite annoying. San Francisco here. Lets hope we all get our phone soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Donalien,

I'm not sure I was clear enough. What I was saying is I went to my local Sprint store and they put me on a waiting list so when the next shipment comes in, they'll call me so I can get my 4S. Basically, I was just asking when the 4S's will be coming in but after reading online, my guess is not til at least next week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Eg1028,

Yeah, I called my Sprint store just to ask if they know when they'll be getting the next shipment and that's exactly what they told me: "I have no idea." I find it kind of hard to believe that they have no idea though. I mean, there has to be a way for the stores -- especially the "corporate" ones -- to be able to look up some sort of shipping schedule and see when their next shipment of iPhones is estimated to arrive.

Highlighted
Master

lmhotep wrote:

Eg1028,

Yeah, I called my Sprint store just to ask if they know when they'll be getting the next shipment and that's exactly what they told me: "I have no idea." I find it kind of hard to believe that they have no idea though. I mean, there has to be a way for the stores -- especially the "corporate" ones -- to be able to look up some sort of shipping schedule and see when their next shipment of iPhones is estimated to arrive.

Corporate stores can look up what is currently in transit from the warehouse (and coming in the next day or so). But any planned deliveries that haven't been sent out yet won't be listed at all. In addition most employees don't have access to the shipping information, only management can acces that info, and inventory information is not supposed to be released to the public.

The wait list is setup so that as inventory comes in the next person on the list is called, and the phone is held for 24 hours, after that it then goes to the next person on the list who hasn't been called yet, so on and so forth.

In addition, it all depends on when the main distribution warehouse gets inventory from the supplier (in this case Apple). If the warehouse doesn't have the phones they can't be sent to the stores.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I signed up on the wait list on 10/21/11 for a white 16 gb 4s.  Today 10/25/11 I dropped by the store around 11:30 am to just see if they had any in.  They were calling me at the very moment I was walking in the store.  The person calling me could here me talking to him from the lobby.  My rep was not there at the time so I came back an hour later and my new 4s was activated!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It says 'ships in 1-2 weeks' on the site because that's when they have  it in their warehouse. That's why it only would usually take a few days.  I just got myself on the waitlist today, the warehouses are out. at least here they are (Michigan) Since  this is apparently happening all over the country since a couple weeks  ago I would imagine that Apple is getting ready to send out shipments to  all the stores that need them.

I sold my ipod so I would have enough money for the iphone and my gym workouts have been terrible since I don't have any music to listen to to help keep me going. The really crappy thing is, that I went it to the store 2 weeks ago and they had lots, the guy didn't think I would have any problem getting mine on nov 1st (my upgrade day). I wish I would have called sooner.

Highlighted
Master

You can always check your order at  www.sprint.com/myorder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also did the same thing i have the 50 dollar gift card and the receipt but they didn't give me anything else just the card the receipt i have been calling practically day for the past week and a half i placed the order on monday the 17th for an iphone 4s white 32 gig ...idk if i was also supposed to receive an order code or anything like that...they told me by the end of the week and now its been a week and a half and they keep saying they just dont have any of them and they dont know when they will get any other ones...its getting really irritating waiting for it and the store ordered is block away from my home and they don't have the best customer service…makes me wonder about that award sprint received…but other than that still no call and still no definite answer when i call them. from So. California

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat