cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEP vs Applecare

Highlighted
Journeyman

TEP vs Applecare

Why does Sprint now charge $11/mo for total equipment protection for the Iphones then charges $150 for each instance of repair, when Apple used to charge a one-time fee of $99.99 to extend Applecare for the full two-year term of the contract then charge only $79 per instance.  For the life of the contract that is $414 from Sprint vs $178.99 from Apple for one incident.  That is not watching out for your customers.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Applecare is the way to go except if you were to lose your phone which Applecare doesn't cover.  I haven't lost my phone in over 10 yrs of having a cell phone so I went with Applecare.  For my wife I am planning on getting both since she has lost her phone recently.  If you were to need to replace your phone the Applecare would've paid for itself.

Journeyman

11$ per month to cover for store repairs/visits/AE's and then there is a 150$ /200$ deductable for full replacement if Damanged beyond repair or lost/stolen. Applecare DOES NOT repair/replace for lost & stolen or Damage beyond repair. The cost is better with tep if this happens, if you dont have to replace/lose your device then applecare is better. I personally like to be fully covered for anything instead of saving a little money and find I have to buy a new phone for 600-700$ due to someone stealing my phone 6months after buying it. *99$ also is lost if this happens*. Also visit Phoneclaim.com to view asurion's info. They are the ones the TEP charges are mainly going to and they show the prices for each phone for deductable + explain exactly why they increase with each new wave of phones. *Technology is only getting better which means price is also going to increase*

Highlighted
Wizard

jimboblsmo,

Thanks for posting your question. You've already received some great information/suggestions from fellow community members. I hope you'd never have to use insurance but the reality is that I've interacted with many customers stuck in the unpleasant position of having an iPhone damaged beyond repair or lost without insurance and without an upgrade available. iPhones are very expensive at retail price so please consider your options. Also please be sure to register the Find My Phone application.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat