Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Receive Short Codes

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to Receive Short Codes

Hello,

I had my network settings refreshed, confirm there are no blocks, reset subscriber settings, did a service update and am still not able to receive short codes. I have iOS 7. I would really appreciate any other help you can provide. Thank you.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

Re: Unable to Receive Short Codes

cdroc,

Thanks for your post. Is this only happening with one specific short code or are all short codes? Have you tried sending a message to that short code and if so, have you received any error message or code back? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

Thank you for your response! It seems to be all short codes...Google, Paypal, etc. I've contacted tech at their sites and they seem to be functioning. I was supposed to get a call back from tech after doing the 25327 and 873283, but did not. I've gone to another site done a signup which activates you via text short code and never received their password either. I am able to get regular text messages from my contacts (sent some to myself as well) and received one from tech at Sprint. It only seems to be these verification codes. Unfortunately I cannot access my email. I've tried different browsers as well to initiate the code. I'm at a loss.

Highlighted

cdroc,

Thanks for the reply. Let me check your account and see if something else could be causing this. Please private message me with your phone number, security information, and name. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you. PM sent.

Highlighted

cdroc-

Greetings! I hope that you were able to receive a resolution to your concern. Please feel free to let us know if you're in need of further assistance.

Regards,

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please help me!  I am experiencing the same issue as this user.  I have 3 phone lines.  Only one of the phones is not receiving the short code texts.  I do not have anything blocked -- everything is updated.

Highlighted
Master

AEROKAT25 - I would be more than happy to assist you with this. Can you please send us a private message here http://bit.ly/1qQty1X? -AJ Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem. Please help. Whenever I ask for a password to be sent to my text they never come through.

National grid short code did not work either.

Highlighted
Master

Gaeld, I'll be more than happy review this for you. Please send us a private message by accessing the following link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X and providing the necessary information. We look forward to hearing from you.- Natalie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I have called in and they said I need to go online to fix it. I have checked everything on my account and it says that all text are allowed. My husband who is on the same account can send and receive short code text but I can not. I have tried the link in the above messages but I keep getting an error message that the item does not exist.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MNEAL2314- Good morning, I have sent you a Private Message so I can look into this for you, please click your user name in the upper right corner of this page or your name above your post in this thread. This will take you to your home page where you can click the Private Message tab to read my message and reply.

Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat