cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Receive Short Codes

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unable to Receive Short Codes

My son's school has started communicating with students through shortcodes. He is unable to receive these shortcodes.  There is nothing blocked in the Text section of Preferences. Can you help get this fixed?

Thanks

Highlighted
GrandMaster

call in and have short code added to your account. its not something that is automatically added when you first start up each line.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't been able to receive short codes for years. I've typically been able to work around it, but now I'm trying to sign into an app that will not let me throught without providing the short code received via text. Please advise. 

Highlighted
Master

Hi maciagaa, thank you for contacting us, we can help with that. Please reply to the private message I sent you, include your name, Sprint phone number and PIN.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I sent you a private message trying to get short codes unblocked. Can you help me with that?

Highlighted
Master

Hi R_Berryman, I received your private message and replied to it. Please check your inbox.

We hope that you are having a wonderful day!

Ina.
Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Master

Moving forward, to unblock SMS short codes customers will need to contact Sprint Customer Care in order to request all short codes to be unblocked, to contact us you may dial *2 from a Sprint device, 888-211-4727 or you can send a private message to the Social Care representatives here with the Sprint phone number and PIN and we can remove the restriction.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I private message Sprint Care to enable receiving of short codes on our cell phones?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I need to be able to receive short codes on my iphone 6. I have called customer care numerous times. No one can help me. I am so disappointed. I cannot access  my online Sprint account because there is a layer of security after signing in my username and password...Sprint wants a code. The code never reaches my cell through text message!!!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

when you call in are you telling them to unblock short code or are you telling them to add short code onto your line? its an add on
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

LauraGanim1

Thanks for the notice! Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint should really reconsider making their department 24 hour for customer care if you are going to make it nearly impossible to enable this function and people very highly RELY on it for their business. I had a tech work on my phone and reset it and now I do not get SMS messages and now my business is at a stand still with a Deadline tomorroW!  Please give customers the ability to turn it on or off or make this dept 24 hours this is SO BAD.  I have been with Sprint for over 13 years now and I am getting very frusterated with their decision making processes.

James

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat