cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Sprint iPhone 4S GSM phone to move to TMobile

43 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Unlock Sprint iPhone 4S GSM phone to move to TMobile

Sprint now says they will NEVER, EVER unlock iPhone 4S's.

Their latest lies are posted straight up on their own web site.

www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html?question_box=unlock&id16=unlock

Sprint is effectively saying they won't ever unlock any SIM-enabled phone, especially any iPhone 4S, 5, 5C or 5S. Only phone MODELS they INTRODUCE starting in or after February 2015, only THOSE phones be eligible for unlocking.

Sprint deserves to die. And I'll throw in a "F" to Apple for not unlocking our phones after 2 years regardless. Apple controls the lock database. They could flip the bits and unlock all iPhones 2 years after first activated (they know since activation happens through their servers).

From the above Sprint web site link:

I've been told by another carrier that Sprint needs to unlock my SIM slot in order to use my phone on the other carrier's network.

For eligible devices, Sprint will unlock the SIM slot, to the extent that a device SIM slot is capable of being unlocked. It is important to note that not all devices are capable of being unlocked, often because of the manufacturers' device designs, and that even for those devices capable of being unlocked, not all device functionality may be capable of being unlocked.  Specifically, devices manufactured with a SIM slot within the past three years (including, but not limited to, all Apple iPhone devices), cannot be unlocked to accept a different domestic carrier's SIM for use on another domestic carrier's network. Sprint has no technological process available to do this.  In accordance with Sprint's voluntary commitment contained within CTIA's Consumer Code for Wireless Service (“Unlocking Commitment”), Sprint is working to ensure that all devices developed and launched on or after February 11, 2015 are capable of being unlocked domestically.

Master

Erik_in_TX,

We definitely don't want you feeling that way. Are you trying to get your device unlocked? More information on unlocking the Iphone can be found here. > http://bit.ly/1fu4eII Thanks.

Ash,
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

It is NOT a technical limitation. You, Sprint, ask Apple to unlock it for both domestic and international use. Again, it's NOT a technical problem, it's a Sprint POLICY problem.

Please rectify your head from the dark place and stop lying to customers. We want our phones that WE HAVE PAID FOR, via COMPLETED CONTRACTS, UNLOCKED, FULLY.

Master

interact1,

Thank you for your posts in December regarding the iphone 4s and unlocking.  For customers and devices that qualify both technically and contractually for an unlock an msl code is supplied.  Right now, the iphone 4S is technically not able to be unlocked for domestic use but that may end soon.  Some smaller carriers may begin to advertise that they will be able to support ios based sprint devices on their usage based plans.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

I would highly suggest you not unlock your phone via a Gevey/R-SIM device. Those devices are not only legally shady but can also have detrimental effects on your iPhone. They require a jailbreak, which could make your device more vulnerable to malware. They will also prohibit you from updating your iOS.

Giovani – the Virgin Mobile representative said that Virgin doesn't accept Sprint devices. Do you have additional suggestions?

Master

as2114,

Thank you for posting and providing us some feedback. If you have any questions or require assistance please feel free to post and let us know.

Lucia
Social Care

Journeyman

Attention to the moderator that edited the previous post. THEIR LINK DID NOT CONTAIN ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION!!! The link that you removed happened to be to another website they were asking about. Get your head out of your okole and pay attention.

As2114, I suggest not using sites like the one that you posted. Some are scams, and even if not a scam, they are currently illegal to be used in the US due to the ruling of the Library of Congress that became effective in January 2013. Have extreme patience though, the FCC and Congress are working on the DMCA ruling to make it regulation for the unlocking of our phones, and after its made regulation, then Sprint can no longer refuse us.

Good luck.

Journeyman

I went through a Sprint international unlock and when I added a T-Mobile SIM card, it did not work.  After all that I've been reading, it appears that Sprint will not allow a domestic unlock.  Supmike42 might have experienced the international unlock, not a true domestic unlock.  I was wondering if the sites such as [Link Removed] truly work and if they are legal?  They guarantee that I will work on any US carrier, so if that is true, at $29, why aren't more people just doing that?

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Master

Hey alexeikaramazov,

Thanks for joining in. Please review the details on Virgin Mobile's site in order to contact them: http://wervirg.in/1bCCyez . Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi Giovanni,

Can you please give me more details about how to convert my Sprint phone to a Virgin phone? My contract has ended.

Thanks!