Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone 4S

Highlighted
Master

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S

ashbaj,

We are currently working on a process but at this time our unlock policy can be found here: www.Sprint.com/unlock.

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a very common problem with sprint. It should be made aware of for the public to know that if you buy your iPhone or any phone, from sprint you are stuck with them for life. No matter if you paid for your phone or for filled a contract for x amount of years, your simply under house arrest or subject to buy another phone some where else!!! A shame! Smdh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are definitely right about that! Sprint hold ppl hostage to their phones not fair. I told my daughter to not buy a sprint phone becauses of this hostage approach they have. I'm still stuck with a iphone I can not use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RDailyde01,

Sprint did the samething to my comment indicating "the content was rejected and removed".  I then emailed Tom Wheeler with FCC forwarding him the response from Sprint and links to all blogs.  I'm extremely upset wtih this whole experience and will enlighten to all new and current customers about my situation with Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphonearrest,

Again, Im sorry that you too have ungone this unthinkable experience.  I too files a complaint with the FCC in addition emailing Tom Wheeler. I also sent a copy of my letter to Sprint to all social media sharing my experience to all who will listen and read!  We have to let everyone know exactly what is going on.  I can't express how disgusted and upset I am with Sprint.  Clearly, we are not alone and are all being treated "mis-treated" the same way.  They can't continue this merry-go-round with its customers who have done and met "all the said requirements" for the unlocking. Enough is Enough!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree, I am very frustrated as well. I didn't even want to drop Sprint before. As we all know different carriers have good areas, and bad. I travel and go to a few areas with little to no Sprint service. I have to take photos and email them, so I need data for that. I have already purchased a plan thru another carrier. All I wanted to do was pop in the sim from the other carrier when I was in the areas with no Sprint service. This seemed like a simple request to me. But if I am forced to purchase another device, it surely will not be a Sprint device!

Highlighted
Journeyman

dhawalk wrote:

Thanks for the link

Sprint is violating points 2 and 4 willfully. Sprint should either start unlocking the phones for customers who have completed their contract, or get out of CTIA.

As of now, its like, I have paid off my car, but the bank is not releasing the lien and title!!!

That is a great analogy. It's a shame that Sprint doesn't see their position as being short-sighted and damaging to their long-term prospects.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RDAILYDE01 wrote:

I agree, I am very frustrated as well. I didn't even want to drop Sprint before. As we all know different carriers have good areas, and bad. I travel and go to a few areas with little to no Sprint service. I have to take photos and email them, so I need data for that. I have already purchased a plan thru another carrier. All I wanted to do was pop in the sim from the other carrier when I was in the areas with no Sprint service. This seemed like a simple request to me. But if I am forced to purchase another device, it surely will not be a Sprint device!

Another option that you could use for your issue would be to get a hotspot and use your iPhone with that. It's not optimal, by any means, but helps with your unique situation.

I actually wanted to purchase an iPhone 5s and remain with Sprint (yeah, I know I must be crazy) but when it came time for them to unlock my iPhone 4s, they poisoned the relationship so soundly that I walked away from the relationship. I think it unwise for anyone to remain in an abusive relationship, so I did what I needed to to: I left the abuser.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I'm glad I logged in and did a search! I was told by a friend I can have my phone unlocked. I have four more months on my contract. I travel also within the U.S. and find that often the cities I travel to my Sprint service is horrible. Also I plan to switch to a no contract flat rate of $45 a month with someone. I'm paying $80 a month and feel it's too much for what I do which is text, social media, and emails. I very seldom talk on the phone and when I do it's mobile to mobile which is free. I can email, and social media on my tablet and my laptop. So paying $960 a year is not something I intend to continue doing. I agree when the contract is up it's as if you are being held hostage to continue using Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Dania. By when can we expect this process to be available As per the letter from CTIA - it states action within 3 months from Dec12th 2013..which would be March 12th 2014.Can we expect something in few weeks?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

RDAILYDE01

We apologize for the inconvenience that our policy has caused. There should be change in the near future. Please continue to bear with us.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

Jacks3107

We apologize for the inconvenience that this issues has caused. The reason why your post would be pulled is either there was inappropriate language or personal information.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat