cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone 4S

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S

If you read thru all the strings on the unlock of an iPhone 4s, you will find that Sprint will not do it for domestic use. We got tired of waiting and talking to their service people, so I took our two iPhone 4S's to   Ting - mobile that makes sense a Sprint reseller recently and have cut our bill from $150/month to around $50. Still on Sprint circuits, but unless we go nuts with data or international calls, we should save a bundle each month. You can tether devices on them too, if you can stand the slow 3G speeds.

So for now anyway, we are immune to all the misinformation from Sprint Care. They know what I mean(=> many levels of  LIES all thru the strings), now we will wait them out and maybe at the end of it the 4S phones we own will be released from hostage, as is only fair, since we paid full price for them over the 2 year contract.

Journeyman

HI PLZ HELP ME I WANNA UNLOCK MY IPHONE 4S

Journeyman

I WAS     IN USA BUT ITRAVEL TO SAUDIA I WANT UNLOCK MY IPHONE 4S BECOUSE IWNTE USE ANOTHER NETWORK

Master

shakib055,

Hello, as long as all the requirements are met we will be happy to assist with unlocking the device. Please review the following requirements here> http://bit.ly/1wTH46l

Ash,
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

So I thought I read somewhere that this was against the fair trade practice? If you have to buy the phone and you own it how can you refuse to allow someone to use their own phone? Really bad business, but I think it may also be illegal? I smell a class action lawsuit....

Master

shenave, Sprint has no technological process available to unlock devices manufactured with a SIM slot within the past three years. Specifically, devices (including, but not limited to, all Apple iPhones cannot be unlocked to accept a different domestic carrier's SIM for use on another domestic carrier's network. Lavauna-Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

If you read thru all the strings on the unlock of an iPhone 4s, you will find that Sprint will not do it for domestic use. We got tired of waiting and talking to their service people, so I took our two iPhone 4S's to  Ting - mobile that makes sense , a Sprint reseller recently and have cut our bill from $150/month to around $50. Still on Sprint circuits, but unless we go nuts with data or international calls, we should save a bundle each month. You can tether devices on them too, if you can stand the slow 3G speeds.

So for now anyway, we are immune to all the misinformation from Sprint Care. They know what I mean, now we will wait them out and maybe at the end of it the 4S phones we own will be released from hostage, as is only fair, since we paid full price for them over the 2 year contract.

Master

Bob6590,
Unfortunately, our variant of the iPhone 4s cannot be unlocked and used on any other carrier within the United States. At this moment, we're only unlocking for international use. Question, what caused you to look into using another carrier? What has left you dissatisfied with Sprint?
Alexes Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

This is why I'm leaving Sprint.  The run around.  I've been a loyal Sprint customer since 1999 but the last 4 years have been the most painful.  4 years ago I upgraded to a Blackberry.  Every month it would just stop working.  I would call Customer Service and was always told to "take it to the store for a new device".  I would go into the store and they would refuse to help me.  I finally broke down and purchased a used blackberry via eBay.  This helped me get through the last year of my contract.  When I purchased the iPhone 2 years ago, I wisely purchased the Apple Care program.  Every single time I had ANY ISSUE I made an appointment with an Apple store and they helped me.  I was never spoken down to or made to feel stupid.  If I made an appointment with Sprint with my Blackberry issue then I had other customers mad at me because I was "jumping the line" (I wasn't just because I had learned to make appointments) and so the store employees would help them over me.  By the time I left the store an hour later I would be in tears from frustration of dealing with the employees.  Either the case number was invalid or they didn't think my blackberry was broken since they couldn't recreate the issue.  I began to take both my young kids in with me just to create havoc on the stores so they would work faster to get me out of there.  Just last week I had several friends remark how much better Sprint must have gotten with Customer Service since I haven't been complaining about it.  I had to tell them it was because I've been going through Apple for all of my issues instead of Sprint.

Sprint is great if you have NO ISSUES WITH YOUR DEVICE.  If you have device issues then you are out of luck.  I had no idea I would never be able to use my iPhone 4S with any other provider at the end of my contract like other providers allow.  Sprint is so behind the times and I can't believe I stayed for as long as I did. 

Journeyman

Why do we want to leave? Because you lie. Apple store employees smile and roll their eyes when you tell them what Sprint employees have said about their iPhone 4s not being workable on other carriers. They know it's a lie, the phone was designed to work on any carrier. If it can work on a GSM carrier internationally it can domestically. When those of us who are now out of contract signed those contracts Sprint was unlocking phones when contracts ended. They changed the policy in the middle of our contracts and will neither unlock our phones nor stop charging us the extra cost of subsidizing the cost of the phone when we're out of contract and the phone is long paid off. I have babied my phone, it is pristine, a new battery would make it like new. But instead of spending $80 to get Apple to change the battery, I'd rather start over with a new carrier and buy a whole new phone, just to get away from Sprint.

Master

NellyH-J,

Thank you for reaching out to us. For all information concerning our unlock policy please see here: http://bit.ly/OUqJND.

Jacque
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

According to the "Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act

" sprint must unlock all iphones for current and past customers. Blaming this on Apple is not fair, I did not buy my phone from Apple I bought my phone through Sprint, so Sprint must solve this problem. You guys are going to get seriously sued here if you try to blame another company and don't find a solution.

"The bill not only restores the rights of consumers to unlock their phones, but ensures that they can receive help doing so if they lack the technological savvy to unlock on their own."

And every message of mine you delete, I take a screenshot and send to Sprint HQ and copy the FCC. So keep deleting my messages.

Sprintcare,

Per the newly signed and passed "Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act" by the president

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/08/01/answering-publics-call

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-signs-bill-unlocking-cellphones/

Which states, and I quote

"The bill not only restores the rights of consumers to unlock their phones, but ensures that they can receive help doing so if they lack the technological savvy to unlock on their own."

You MUST provide a process on how to unlock the iphone 4s to another carrier like T-mobile, or Verizon. If you refuse, you are breaking the law and I will find resolution for this.

I have been fighting this problem for SEVERAL months, and I have two phones that are locked to sprint and are completely useless since I've left sprint.

Per the LAW, you must UNLOCK the phone and PROVIDE INSTRUCTION.

There is NO INSTRUCTION ON YOUR WEBSITE

http://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html

Sprint tries to give you this 6 digit MSL code, which they say will unlock the phone - but the iPhone does not accept this code, and there is nowhere to enter it. They tell you that your new carrier will know what to do, but your new carrier won’t know.

So what is the process, if the MSL code does not work for iPhones why are you giving it as a solution?

What is the real process to unlock an iPhone and why are you tricking customers?

As per the newly signed bill, you MUST provide a way to unlock the phone and show people how to do it.

Giving a code that doesn’t help them is not a solution. I want a supervisor to reply to this message.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat