cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone 4S Sim slot for International Use

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocking iPhone 4S Sim slot for International Use

I have had sprint for 10 years and do not plan on terminating my contract with Sprint. However, I am moving to Scotland for a graduate program for 1 year and I would like to have my sim unlocked so I can use a local carrier while I am there. I have seen multiple posts on this forum saying that Sprint will unlock the phone, but when I called customer service they refused and said they would never unlock the phone for this reason (and in fact told me that my brand new Iphone is "useless"). I am looking for clarification on this subject. Will sprint unlock my phone?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Unlocking iPhone 4S Sim slot for International Use

Good luck on getting Sprint to unlock your phone. They will never do it! I switched to Verizon, and they are much better than Sprint. I was a Sprint customer for over 10 years, but will never buy another Sprint phone! Heck, they can't even give me one, I would throw it in the trash! Sprint just gives you the run a round about everything. We hate Sprint, and have posted it all over Face Book to warn people of their policies, that suck!

Wizard

fireandblonde -

Thank you for your post. That is a very good question. Sprint Worldwide should be able to unlock the device for international travel. Have you tired to call them at 1.888.226.7212 Option 2? They would be the best department to provide you an accurate answer.

Let me know.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks they were super helpful and got our phones unlocked quickly!

Wizard

starfucker69,

Great to hear! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat