cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking my phone

Highlighted
Patron

Unlocking my phone

So, my friend bought iphone 4s from the States, Sprint as a carrier. Now I should ask them to unlock it. Is there an email where I can contact ? Tried to find one but seemed to be hard to contact. Answers please. I live in Finland by the way.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Unlocking my phone

gammelbacka
Thank you for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, we can not unlock iOS devices for international use unless they are currently active on a Sprint account. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
-Patrick
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

So what are the options? You cant get sprint contract in Finland, can you? There must be a way to solve this. And how long is the locking on? I have a same kind of a situation and getting really pissed with this. Can you please tell us what can we do?

Master

Good evening! I’m here to help the best I can. Unfortunately, you would not be able to get a Sprint contract unless on the Sprint network in the U.S. and U.S. Territories. We are only able to unlock devices active on an account and for international use. What is the situation that you are currently in?

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The situation is this: a guy buys a phone from you (sprint). He needs it only for a while and comes back to Finland. It doesnt work here and he sells it to me. I dont know has he even activated it because I dont know this guy and cant get in touch with him. I bought the phone via internet. Its not blacklisted or nothing like that. I just want to use the phone for making phone calls. How long is it locked and how can I use it instantly. There must be a way to get it work here in Finland.

Journeyman

After being a loyal customer with Sprint for 4 years I finally switched to T-Mobile today. Not because I wasn't happy with the service, but because of the Sprint's policy of not giving you your phone once you completely payed for it!!!! I wanted to buy an iPhone 5s but I also wanted to keep my 4s with me. All I asked for is to unlock my 4s so I would give it to a non-Sprint customer. Now pay attention here. This phone is MINE! I paid for it a year ago. ALL, and I mean it, ALL other GSM providers will unlock your phone when you paid it off! All but not Sprint! They will leave you with a phone locked on sprint network and will recommend you to uses a third party provider if you want to. But Sprint won't unlock your old phone. So eventually you will end up with an iPod. After this outrageous behavior I decided not to stay with this company any day longer and bought an iPhone 5S from T-Mobile. Now I have a locked 4S but it will be a reminder not to recommend Sprint to anyone. I work at Johns Hopkins School of medicine and every year we have 15-20 new international students, postdocs or residents. I will make sure that none of them will join Sprint. I know this is not much but at least something! Worse provider with worse policies!!!

Master

Eugene-I,

I noticed you provided the same statement on a number of threads in regards to this topic.  Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat