cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail: Sorry (my number) is not a recognized mail box. 102. Thank you for calling.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Voicemail: Sorry (my number) is not a recognized mail box. 102. Thank you for calling.

I get the message posted in the title when I try to use my voicemail.  I have reset my network settings multiple times.  How do I get my voicemail setup?  I have had my iPhone for a day now.  It has been activated about 18 hours now.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issue, I argued with sprint last night that it wasn't part of the voicemail issue they reported.  I spoke to tech support this morning, they went into my account and reset my voicemail. It now works but I has to set up my pin and record a new greeting. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Medic I am having the same issue, I called support last night they was aware of the issue. I was given a time frame of an hour to have the issue resolved. To my surprise this morning I get the same error my number is not a regonized mailbox 102. I hope Sprint can have this resolved soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issue, I argued with sprint last night that it wasn't part of the voicemail issue they reported.  I spoke to tech support this morning, they went into my account and reset my voicemail. It now works but I has to set up my pin and record a new greeting. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup, I called and said my voicemail issue is not the known issue and I need my voicemail reset on the Sprint end of it.  I then reset the Network Settings on the phone and it worked!  Thank you for your reply Kcguy472!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calling Sprint and having them reset your voicemail definitely works. The first rep that I spoke to refused to do as I asked and insisited I speak with AppleCare. After telling her no, she still transferred me. I waited on hold for awhile and realized I was crazy for wasting my time. Called back and spoke with a rep that didn't question me for a second. Reset my voicemail and now it works perfect

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for posting this . I had the same issue and had to persuade the customer service person to reset my pin . She did and I'm happy. Now if only the sprint training team would teach this to all of the reps.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat