Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exact time does the online preorder start?

Journeyman

1 rep told me it started at 8 am CST and the other told me it started at midnight. Can anyone confirm the exact time?

Tags (3)
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for posting the link bnewc1, sorry I couldn't get it posted before you had to go searching for it.

*Make sure everyone realizes it is Pacific Standard Time and not EST...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know people have guessed _D4V1D_, but any official word on what the pricing will be for folks not eligible for an upgrade?  Thanks for all the info!

Highlighted
Wizard

No, I'm sorry, I still haven't seen anything regarding retail cost on the phones.  Seems to be one of the last questions we haven't gotten an answer to yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

bnewc1 wrote:

Found it. 12:01 a.m. PST: http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2063

How much you wanna bet the server crashes at 12:02AM?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So my friend states that she bought the 4S today. I told her she was wrong they are only pre-ordering for the 4 today. She stated the rep told her it is for the 4S and her receipt shows 4S. She paid $199. She was at the Harbor City, CA Sprint store.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

TDESTI wrote:

So my friend states that she bought the 4S today. I told her she was wrong they are only pre-ordering for the 4 today. She stated the rep told her it is for the 4S and her receipt shows 4S. She paid $199. She was at the Harbor City, CA Sprint store.  

There a three 4s phones- 16GB, 32GB and 64GB, which one did she buy?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: What exact time does the online preorder start?

Stores arent doing Pre orders, its online only. This goes for Apple, ATT, Sprint and VZW.

Message was edited by: Uhhhhmahzing According to Apples website, Sprints websites Sprints corporate stores and the 24 hour store in New York as well as the Apple Store in my local area, the iPhone4s (Sprint) is only available for pre order online. The store your friend went to is not a corporate store, its an authorized retailer that sales Sprints products and Services and they are owned by a company called KHL Communications. You can google the number or simply put the zip code in the store locator on Sprints website. Im not saying that they are purposely scamming your friend, but assuming they have 50 phones in stock they do "pre orders" for 25 people and they have 25 for first come first serve theyre just going to turn the other waiting people away even though they could possibly still have phones there? No way! There is going to be somone in that store who doesnt want their sale to leave that will grab a "reserved" phone and sale it to whomever is in the store. Since the phones arent in stores right now there is no way to tie a serial number to a customer so it would be very easy to do. Also with the normal wait list procedure, you buy a $50 gift card from Sprint to reserve a phone. That way if the customer doesnt come in, or gets to the store when the phone comes out and they dont like it, there is nothing to refund since the gift card is nonrefundable. The only place that is doing store pre orders for Sprint is Best Buy and its for the retail price, not the discount price. The Sprint stores dont know how many phones each store is getting so they could be taking money without being able to deliver a product.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The 16gb. She has the Evo now so she added two lines to get both phones at that price.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okie Dokie.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I called the store since Uhhhhmahzing is so adamant that you can only get online. The rep said they have a waiting list for the phone. So that must be what my friend did. All of the people on the list will be able to get and pick up their phones on the 10/14/2011. You can call and verify this yourself at 310-784-0701.  

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat