Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Sprint make 4g available?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

When will Sprint make 4g available?

Just bought an Iphone 4s and didn't realize they were not 4g capable. Any idea when sprint will make 4g available for the iphone 4s?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: When will Sprint make 4g available?

The iphone 4s will never be 4g capable, it doesn't have the hardware. Has nothing to do with sprint.

Wizard

The iPhone 4S isn't 4G capable.  It has nothing to do with Sprint...none of the 4S are 4G capable.  It's a hardware limitation.

Wizard

You beat me while I was on the phone!

Journeyman

lol, it happens.

Journeyman

NVANN1216 wrote:

Just bought an Iphone 4s and didn't realize they were not 4g capable. Any idea when sprint will make 4g available for the iphone 4s?

Just as others have said.  No 4G on the iphone.  If you have 4G in your area and want a 4G capable phone I would return it for one while still with your 14 days.  However switching phones will cost you $35 in a retock fee.

You could have also waited until the iphone 5 as that will most likely be LTE capable.  Or get a iphone 4s with a different provider as their 3G network seems to be quicker and more capable than Sprints.Either way if you want the iphone with Sprint you will have to deal with the data speeds

Journeyman

Did customer service not tell you the iPhone wasn't 4G capable?

Journeyman

I know that the iphone is 4g capable because verizon was able to get a software upgrade to allow acces to their 4g network... and No I wasn't told by customer service that it wasn't 4g but I never asked either... just assumed.-NVANN1216

Journeyman

Verizon's iphone is not 4g either, you can't software upgrade a phone to 4g, it doesn't have the antennea to use the LTE network. Thats one of the reasons people were so upset when they announced the 4S was that it wasn't LTE viable. All the 4S added over the 4 hardware wise is a better processer I believe.

Journeyman

Just found this website it explains my confusion. My buddy has an iphone 4s with AT&T and his says 4G where mine says 3G... the article explains what is going on.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Correct -- ATT has changed the indicator to show 4G when connected to their high-speed 3G network.  They claim to offer '4G-like speeds' on their HSPDA GSM 3G network.  But it's not 4G LTE or WiMax, just fast GSM.  Marketing  FTW.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat