cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst iPhone I've seen. Ever. 4S

Highlighted
Patron

Worst iPhone I've seen. Ever. 4S

MMy wife took advantage of the free 4S last October. Stupid move on our part. Phone has been extremely slow, buggy and unreliable. Now the shut down screen appears and disappears regularly without so much as touching the phone. The top on/off button for the screen doesn't work at all. WTF??

ive had great luck with the 3 iPhones I've previously owned. This one is trash. It's still under factory warranty, so should Sprint replace it? We have even spent 2 hours with tech support from Apple trying to resolve the problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Worst iPhone I've seen. Ever. 4S

It’s the best piece of tech I’ve owned in 30 years.  My IP4S has been so reliable, even I can’t believe it.  And I’ve owned a lot of gear.  So, MAYBE you got a lemon.

You’ve got a 1 year warranty with Apple.  Take it to an Apple Store.  They’ll examine it and either fix it or replace it with a new or refurbished one on the spot.  Problem solved (maybe).

One possible problem is, if you’ve dropped it (and it shows) or given it a bath (or equal), physical damage is on you (not on Apple or Sprint).

Master

waukee_jamie,

First I want to start off and say that I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing these types of issues. 

How long have you had this device, is it within our 14 day trial period?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

seeblue1,

Thanks for providing this info. I am glad that the your chosen device is working for you. Please let us know if there is anything that we an look into for you.

Sean L

Social Care

Patron

I Think I got it for her in October '13. It's still under factory warranty I believe. Not sure how to make a claim for it though.

Wizard

Drive, hitch a ride, walk, crawl to an Apple Store. ( If you don't know where one is, do a search on apple.com)  An employee will greet you at the door.  He'll ask you how he can help you.  You show him your phone and tell him your story.  He'll direct you to a service technician.  They'll figure out if it's under warranty (you may want to bring proof of purchase, but probably not required), what's wrong with it, try to fix it, and if not functioning, evaluate whether the device inoperability is covered by the warranty (warranty does not cover physical damage done by you; like from drops/falls or water, for example).  In many cases they will replace it with a new or refurbished model, right on the spot.

If the damage is not covered by warranty, they'll offer to repair it for a fee.  You can also find on line repair services like Mission Repair (you mail it in, they evaluate it, tell you how much, you decide what to do).

Master

waukee_jamie,

I hear your concerns. At your convenience, take your device to the nearest repair center for diagnosis: www.sprintstorelocator.com.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat