cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding hotspot features short-term

Journeyman

I seldom have a need to use my phone as a mobile hotspot, so I haven't enabled the $30/mo hotspot addon. Still, there are times when it would be nice to have for a day or two. Does Sprint allow plans to switch the mobile hotspot feature on/off when needed, and pro-rate the fees for just the time used?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

You can call in and turn it on - and then call in and turn it off - and you will only be charged for the days that it was on your account - comes out to around $1 a day.

Master

You can do it from your account page, No need to call. I do it from my phones browser.

Wizard

Re: adding hotspot features short-term

Levi hit the nail on the head. Now that Hot Spot feature has a 5GB cap on it but Sprint measures it by the month. You can turn it on and use 5 GB for 5 days, turn it off, and pay $5.00 for the 5 day usage. Sprint is not prorating the data. <- mighty nice of them.

CAUTION: If you activate Hot Spot for a 7 day vacation and during your vacation your new bill comes out you will be billed an extra $30 for the Hot Spot feature (as we all are paying a month in advance). Calling Sprint and demanding the $30 charge be taken off is useless. They will credit you back on your next bill. That is an inconvience but yet it ends up a wash for everyone.

Journeyman

WOW! you are right, it IS very generous of them to NOT prorate the data. thanks for your post i will definitely take advantage of this! Can you please tell me though if it is still the same, cuz i just noticed you posted it on Nov 2011 and now its June 2012. i dont really wanna call sprint and stay on the line forever only to ask this.

There are new prices on the hotspot add on for our devices:

Options effective 5/18/12:

$19.99 Sprint Mobile Hotspot 2GB

$49.99 Sprint Mobile Hotspot 6GB

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat