cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do NOT purchase iphone 4s if you use AirRave

12 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: do NOT purchase iphone 4s if you use AirRave

Yes, i just noticed this issue.  If I'm already on a call and happen to look at the screen I would know there was another call but the call waiting beep doesn't happen. I called into tech support yesterday and after having me reset network and reset all, I was told I had to take the phone into the repair store.  I found this post, so just called in again to tech support.  They transferred me to someone who knows about airrave issues and then I was told it's a known issue and they're working on it.  I'm glad I didn't have to take my phone in and have everything reset again!

Journeyman

I've begun having this same issue. The calls come through, and go to VM because I don't get the "beep" saying I have a call coming through! What good is call waiting if it doesn't let you know about the call coming in?

We've also been on the phone several times for several hours with Sprint's airrave dept trying to fix the connection of the airrave. It won't hold the "signal" for more than a few hours at a time. Then it needs to be reset.

Anyone else having these same issues?

Journeyman

It is not an issue with Wi-Fi. We have tested this issue all ways and even with Wifi totally off- it does the same thing. Is there anyone from Sprint that can help with the acutal issue we are having, which after 3 months of issues is an airave?

Master

This is a known issue for the Iphones in general (AT&T + VERIZON too).

Even if you don't have airave, and you have the phone on wifi, it will block the traffic for the regular txt messages, the only ones that Apple has programmed to work over wifi is IMessages (apple device to apple device).

This is not a Sprint issue, it's an apple issue.

Since the Airave is nothing but a sort of router, the iphone looks at it just as a router for data, not as a gateway for the radio frencuency.

I don't know how clear this is for you guys, to fix this, leave the IMesage on auto, and turn wifi off to test the txt issue.

Journeyman

Does anyone have any update or fixes for this?? our nrighbor has an airvana, and even after restricting the access to only their phone numbers, both my phone (photon ) and my bfs (iphone) are still connecting to it. my phone works fine on it, and when i leave the apartment, it disconnects and grabs another tower and is totally fine, but the iphone will not work AT ALL. it wont send msgs, it gets texts over and over, and calls wont come in or out except one or two times over a few hours. then when he leaves and it isnt in the range of the airvana. he can text and call out, but nothing will go TO his phone at all. we have got him a BRAND NEW iphone from apple, we have been on the phone and in stores since March and this is still happeneing.. they are sending us our own airvana to try and see if that helps, but i just dont have any hope reading all these posts.. we will be having Sprint cancel us with NO term fee if this continues.

do you have any news or someone you are working with who knows about these issues that we can contact maybe??

Journeyman

The main issues are with  receiving duplicate messages and not able to send outbound text messages. Calling on the Airave should not be affected. Also, I do not believe the original Airave device impacts the service, only the newer one. 

Journeyman

The communication regarding the problem is listed under the Airave device as it may affect different phones with different software, so you have to be searching for it under the Airave to see it is a known issue. Glad we were able to get you set back up.

Journeyman

This is strange. I have had my iPhone 4S since the day it was released, and it has worked just fine with my 3G Airave. The only issue I seem to have is there is no call waiting beep when connected to the Airave, but that issue still exists with the HTC EVO 4G in the house as well. I do try and keep my iPhone WiFi on when home for better speeds.

All in all, my iPhone Airave experience has been exactly the same as my EVO Airave experience...

Journeyman

Spoke to a Sprint representative yesterday and they acknowledged the airave/iphone problem.  According to Sprint, it is an airave issue they (airave/airvana) are working on it.  Didn't sound like they were making headway.  Sprint is sending me a return kit and swapped me back to my old plan.

Journeyman

Evidently this problem has not been resolved.  My wife has an adroid and no issues with texting.  I just got the I4 and it doesn't work at all with the airave Airvana.  It was delivered yesterday, so obviously Sprint is having an internal communication problem.