cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: msg 2114

Highlighted
Journeyman

error: msg 2114

Anyone have a solution for error 'msg 2114' on the iphone4s? It appears that other sprint users are having this problem with Android but I havent seen anything that offers a solution for iOS5.

ref: http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-support-troubleshooting/266540-text-message-errorwhen-i-send-text-m...

ref: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/69332?start=15&tstart=0

Seems like you have to clean out the entire contact+cache.

Is this only a problem on Sprint? Is it a carrier to carrier problem?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Still does not work on my iphone 6+   I am at a loss here.  I tried all the things I found around the net.

Deleting everything with that number in it, and the error message.  Delete the contact, reset network settings,  turning off imessage  sms etc,  restarting, try to text before turning settings on,  after turning settings on,  add the contact  all using the 10 digit code.    Same damn error!! 

You would think by now they would fix this.  I am at a loss.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It appears this issue has been finally resolved.

I just happened to call Sprint regarding my first bill and they asked me if I had any other questions or concerns and I brought that issue up.  She did say there were known messaging issues with the Iphone 6, asked me to turn my phone off, she reset my messaging, turn phone on, and now I can text that person I was having an issue with!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This issue is still happening on my iPhone 5s. I have deleted the contact, deleted the message thread, renamed the contact, sent a message using only the area code and number, sent a message using 1+(area code) and number, reset my network settings....it's still happening!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Only a problem with my new phone from sprint, as far as I can tell
Highlighted

Highlighted

Good morning Williamskencil.

Sorry to read you are having trouble with the device. Is the device you are having trouble an IPhone 5S?

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

YAY IT WORKS!!

Highlighted

My iPhone 5s is having the issue. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat