Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S Activation - Problems?

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Activation - Problems?

I am upgrading my already existing phone on Sprint to the iPhone 4S; however, it says I must call in order to complete the activation. I am currently on hold, have been for over ten minutes now. I hope to be connected soon.

Any other ideas or ways to go about activating the iPhone? Thank You

I hope everyone is enjoying their phone!

27 REPLIES 27
Journeyman

I had a very similar experience when I called Sprint for help. I talked to 6 or more customer service reps, I had 2 dropped calls (no one called me back), I was on the phone (on and off for a total of 3 hours or more) from 3:30pm to about 9pm. The last person (tech) I talked to actually said that they would call me back at 10pm. I did not receive a phone call, I even gave her phone numbers just in case one didn't work. I had to wait 20 minutes for that tech, even though the service rep said she would be right on the line.

Overall, this has been the worst customer service experience I have EVER had. Sprint has wasted so much of my time, it is unbelievable. The worst part is; my phone is still not activated. I have tried so many things, I have shut my phone on and off, cleared my iphone, tried to do the ##87..... and call, Air Plane mode on and off. Nothing has worked.

I am going to email Sprint right now, if I don’t get a call back tomorrow, I will raise hell.

Journeyman

I spent over 3.5 hours on hold last night to activate. Still not activated. They left me on hold for 45 minutes then returned and hung up without saying anything. Apparently because THEY DON"T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! This was after they said they would call me back in less than a minute. That tech support person has yet to call back. I should have expected this from the geniuses at Sprint.What a disappointment.

Journeyman

I am sure their "system" is just overwhelmed - I don't know that any company can staff up appropriately in order to activate 1,000,000 iphones on a single day.  I would say things will get better over the weekend as they get folks up and running.

Journeyman

Same experience except I was told repeatedly I COULD add the iPhone and pay the upcharge several times buy reps before I purchased the iPhone.  Once I got it Friday, I couldn't activate online and after being placed on hold by 5-6 different reps and supervisors I'm now told I can not get the SERO Premium plan and must pay $59.99 per month.  BAIT AND SWITCH.

Journeyman

With no luck last night, I woke up extra early this morning.  I dialed the 888-876-8381 number and followed instructions to activate my phone.  I was on hold for about 2 mins then the lady got on the phone with me.  She instructed me to power off both the old phone and the iphone 4S.  Told me to power on the Iphone 4S and there was a message saying "Waiting for activation...this may take some time."  I told her about the message and she did something on her end and the phone showed "Activated" with the Sprint on the upper left hand corner.  She told me to dial a number to her and she also dialed my phone to make sure its working.  Now phone is activated and up and working.  Also, she said that there is an extra $10 added to the monthly service for iphones so it will be the Sero-P($40) and iphone charge of $10.  Total will be $50 plus taxes.  She also offered the Applecare but I refused.

Journeyman

I'm glad I saw your note, Flex. I was dreading spending my day at the Sprint store. I decided to give it another try.  The Sprint rep who helped me this am noticed that the iphone had actually been removed from my account by one of the people attempting to help me yesterday. Once he put it back into my account, presto! Success!!  Now I get to play!!

Journeyman

It took me a while but finally the advanced tech support was able to get mine up and running. I had to do a complete reset through iTunes on my computer. Kind of a pain but it worked . Try asking for the advanced tech support.

Journeyman

I just activated my 4s online, and it only took 10 minutes. 

Journeyman

I activated my IPhone 4 online via chat with a rep. Took 10 minutes from start to finish

Journeyman

I tried all day yesterday, Saturday Oct 15, to activate to no avail. Tried via two difference iPhone 4S's, tried by creating a login, I even tried calling and gave up after waiting 45+ minutes. So... I called in soon as the service center opened today and was activated within minutes! Here was the problem: I was porting my number from AT&T to Sprint and the port wasn't scheduled to be completed yet so no amount of activiation via the phone would help. The rep on the phone changed the day and time of my port and from there everything went smoothly. So, if you're moving over TO Sprint and keeping your old number do yourself a favor and call them up.

Journeyman

Ok, moving from the EVO you will have problems activating online.  They use different SOC codes and will even tell you that you need a plan change...  A quick call and both of ours were activated...

Journeyman

Just a quick update, sorry that I am bringing this thread back up, but my phone was finally activated. I called on Saturday, and a customer service rep that has never activated an Iphone (even told me to take out the battery), got my phone working (props to her). According to her, the reason for all the trouble was that Sprint kept trying to activate a different Iphone that I ordered (black one), instead of the white one I had. I also got a call from Sprint because of the email I sent, and they asked me if I wanted to escalate the issue, so they could improve on their customer service... I thought this was a joke, I spent over 4 hours talking to you and you want me to waste even more time? It just shows how much Sprint cares about their customer’s time and satisfaction…

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat