cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S Activation Question

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Activation Question

If we already have Sprint and are simly upgrading our phone, there is no need to go to the store and have them activate it, correct? We can simply call up and activate the phone like you normally do with an upgraded phone I would think.

Input appreciated, thank you

35 REPLIES
Wizard

iPhone 4S Activation Question

That is correct, you should also be able to activate them online at http://www.sprint.com/activate.

-Alec

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Activation Question

Much Thanks!

I expect to come home to my phone here (will be having someone sign for it) and then just call to activate or go online

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S Activation Question

Joker-Bitez wrote:

Much Thanks!

I expect to come home to my phone here (will be having someone sign for it) and then just call to activate or go online


Why do you have to sign for it, won't UPS leave it at the door?

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Activation Question

Nope.  Signature is required for the iPhone.  They will not leave it there, so you better make sure you have someone there to sign for it.  It really stinks, because I am having to take off of work tomorrow to wait for it, as they refused to ship it to my office since it wasn't my billing address.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Activation Question

Bellatone wrote:

Nope.  Signature is required for the iPhone.  They will not leave it there, so you better make sure you have someone there to sign for it.  It really stinks, because I am having to take off of work tomorrow to wait for it, as they refused to ship it to my office since it wasn't my billing address.

Kinda figured that, but my tracking confirmation said nothing about signature required.

I work out of my home so it's not a problem, 'cept my UPS driver is impatient and if you don't get to the door in 5 seconds or less off he goes in the truck.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Activation Question

BorisBullldog wrote:


Kinda figured that, but my tracking confirmation said nothing about signature required.

I work out of my home so it's not a problem, 'cept my UPS driver is impatient and if you don't get to the door in 5 seconds or less off he goes in the truck.

Then may I suggest putting a note on your door with your phone number and stating "Please wait as I must have that package today, and I might be in an area of the house where I can't hear you knocking or ringing the doorbell.  If you are in a hurry, here is my signature authorizing delivery and here is my phone number so you can call me to let me know you are here.  Either way, I am here, and I must have that package today please."

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Activation Question

I would suggest you all go get a invisible sheild protector at your local radio shack store ... and even a case ... and if you like holsters, you can find those on amazon for .97 ... and like a total of like 2.00 bucks with shipping.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Activation Question

I've never used a screen protector on an iPhone or any phone with a quality glass screen for that matter.  It takes a lot more than anything I'll be doing to my phone to scratch glass. 

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Activation Question

That's weird I didn't have to sign for my Sprint iPhone 4S. I got an AT&T one through Apple and it came UPS about an hour ago and had to beg the guy to grab the Sprint one off the truck since it was scheduled for later. I think the difference in signature is if you got it through Apple or Sprint. Apple for sure makes you sign. Sprint eh not so much.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.