cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S Pre-order

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

if i'm not eligible for an upgrade until next year, does that mean I have to pay full retail price? what if one of my lines on my account is eligible....can i take that upgrade & just put it on my phone number?

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

Yes but you have full upgrade eligibility so you'll still get the iphone at 199 if you sign a 2 year contract. Nobody will pay less than 199 for an iphone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

Dear Sprint-

I have been a Sprint customer for like 12 years.  I have struggled through a lot with you and am very excited that you are getting the IPhone-- I guess knowing your history, it shouldnt surprise me that there is NO information on your website about the Iphone-- how to order, pricing, when it will be available--NOTHING.  Come on!!!!  I expected the website to be broadcasting the IPhone right after the announcement yesterday!!!  Give us something-- I shouldnt have to come to a blogsite to find information!!!  Marketing Fail!!!

Highlighted
Wizard

iPhone 4S Pre-order

MRHOTKEYS1 wrote:

"So my sprint account says im elegible for a 150$ off new phone. So that  means 150 off the 600.00 price or whatever? Not of the 199.99?

by sharris2192"

Correct!

I fail to see why this is so difficult to understand.

If you are fully eligible for an upgrade (ie, former Premier Gold member at or after 12 mos or regular member at or after 22 mos), you will get the 4S at $199, $299, or $399... or the 4 for $99.  When you do, you will need to renew for 2 more years and will not be eligible again for 20 mos.  One way to tell if you're eligible is if it says you are eligible for a $150 discount.  This doesn't mean that you're going to get $150 off retail... it means you're going to get the discounted prices.  The reason for this is because, just like a lot of the other phones that are offered, it's $150 off plus some other "discount" that brings you down to the advertised price. 

For example, when I bought my EVO last year, full price was $600 and my discount was $150... however, after discounts (rebate, etc.) it ended up at $200.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

I'm eligible for a $150 upgrade in Dec. I figure I'll just wait until then to get the iphone. By then I would have saved up enough money and hopefully those early "kinks/issues" the iphone usually has are worked out. Not to mention I look to add a line and iphone to that one. Anyone else waiting?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S Pre-order

I spoke with a Sprint customer service manager last night and again this morning.  Both confirmed that pre-orders will only be processed through the Apple Store on apple.com.  I also asked if Sprint pre-orders could be placed on Oct. 7 just as for AT&T & Verizon.  Both managers told me that the latest info they have says yes, but both cautioned that the Sprint pre-order date could change.  I have heard that Best Buy will accept Sprint pre-orders on Oct. 7, but I've not been able to confirm it.

Highlighted
Wizard

iPhone 4S Pre-order

sprintfan4 wrote:

I'm eligible for a $150 upgrade in Dec. I figure I'll just wait until then to get the iphone. By then I would have saved up enough money and hopefully those early "kinks/issues" the iphone usually has are worked out. Not to mention I look to add a line and iphone to that one. Anyone else waiting?

I'd wait if for no other reason than to see if Sprint's 3G network can handle a glut of new iphones on it.  Where I live, 3G speeds are abysmal... going from my 4G Evo to a 3G iphone would be crazy slow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S Pre-order

I called Sprint CS right after the announcement yesterday and the rep I spoke to was still in "cannot confirm or deny" mode. I said, "Dude, the cat's out of the bag. It's not a secret anymore." You would have thought this poor guy was sitting in front of the Senate inquiry in "Godfather II."

Anyhow, judging from what I am reading in cyberspace, many current iPhone people are upset that this wasn't a complete redesign and not just a change in the guts of the standard iPhone 4. I may just say to hell with the pre-order and go to the Apple store at lunch time (I REFUSE to be an insufferable douche and CAMP OUT).

Highlighted
Wizard

iPhone 4S Pre-order

I'm hoping we'll have more information soon to share on the pre-ordering process and other details. I see a few post in here being answered by non-Sprint employee's on upgrade details or specifics and just wanted to clarify: we haven't officially posted anything other than what's posted in the Apple press release, any information posted beyond that at this point is just speculation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

Why the delay????  Did Apple not tell you guys at Sprint they were going to offer the iphone on the Sprint Network?? It just took you all by surprise, right???  Why werent you ready with all the info and put it out right after Apple's announcement??? What's going on over there???

Highlighted
Wizard

iPhone 4S Pre-order

LLNOLA, you really don't understand how things work with Apple, do you? No official information means less leaks on announcements.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

So you are saying Sprint didnt have any official information before yesterday??  I read about this months ago, so I'm going to go on the assumption someone at Sprint was aware, and could have come up with a better marketing plan than total silence  a full 24 hours after Apple made the announcement.  

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat