cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S Pre-order

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S Pre-order

I still can't get it to work.  Anyone have any luck?

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

Just a word of advice to those having problems pre-ordering still.

Give it a try from the Apple website.

Just a suggestion. I was able to get mine through on Sprint.com finally, but I kept trying both until one worked. You can renew / upgrade and order new from Apple as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cannot pre-order the iPhone 4S, when I try to upgrade my plan to Everything Data I get that "Aw Snap!" message to enter my PIN.  I called Sprint to ask what that would be (I have no clue) and they said I don't have one because my current plan is so old.  They said I needed a passcode-- but couldn't give me that over the phone, said I had to go to a Sprint store and give them my driver license!!  When I try and put the phone in my "shopping cart" I get "Aw Snap!" Unbelievable!

Highlighted
Journeyman

B3ast.....you say the Sprint customer care agent said they found your order in the system and everything looks okay.  Did you get the email confirmations after ordering?  I didn't, but assume it went through because it's listed on my account and the amount was deducted from my credit card.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you have made good points on this issue. It is a business deal that will allow Sprint to draw new customers and continue making the company highly competitive. I was able to order an Iphone but had to use a third line I did not want to update. The line was available for the upgrade for a year and a half. I will simply switch this to my primary line  and be satisfied for now. I am a loyal customer and made several new customer referrals in the past. When I found out Sprint was getting the Iphone I started encouraging people with other cellular companies to switch to Sprint. Sprint has the best plans and data packages available on the market. Adding the Iphone gives the company an extra advantage. I waited for Sprint to get the Iphone specifically because of the company's plan and this continue to be the reason I am choosing to remain a loyal Sprint customer. Hopefully in the future, Sprint and Apple will reconsider the way existing cusotmers were overlooked in this deal and make an honest attempt to correct the situation.

I have also noticed many complaints about the customer service.  In all of the communications I have experienced with Sprint in the last five years, I have not encountered a rude representative. All of the representatives have spoken in a respectful and professional manner. Just know that Sprint has entered into a contract with Apple  they must honor in order to conduct business with Apple. Apple is very secretive and highly demanding because the company has the reputation and branding that makes it an honorable and highly privileged company in which to conduct business. Be patient and give Sprint and Apple an opportunity to see where this exciting joint venture can go.

And "no", I do not work for Apple or Sprint. Just a person that enjoys innovation and new technology.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

LBNYC, I did not get the email confirmation. That's why I gave them a call. I would not have been shocked if a glitch occurred from the high volume of traffic.

I'm not able to pull up the order number they gave me though on sprint.com/myorder, so that's a little discouraging.

My order numbers match the format:

xxxx-O-12345678 (Include all dashes. O is a letter.)

But he read me the number to me and said "zero" and not "letter O". I have a few "zero's" in other places though in the rest of the order number, so not sure what the order number is.

However, when I called and spoke to the rep, he did see orders for both of my iphones. One 64GB white and one 64GB black, which is what I ordered. I guess I'll wait and see if I get my phones in a week or so or whatever.

Hope this information is helpful. The more feedback from people we get, maybe we can piece the info together and figure it out! It certainly is frustrating not knowing if its going to come or not. Although I'm thankful I was able to get my order through. It sounds like a lot of people are still having trouble preordering. I hope the $900 or so dollars charged to my card wasn't for nothing!

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

B3ast - thanks for the response!  I received my order number as soon as I placed the order this morning, and since I'm always skeptical about those email confirmations from large websites, I made sure to print it.  Somebody on another thread posted they called Customer Care about not receiving the email confirmation, and the agent said it means the order is "stuck" in the system, and it may or may not be automatically cancelled.  But it sounds to me like that Sprint agent didn't really know anything more about it than anybody else - and may have just been making a guess. Somebody else reported getting the email confirmation 8 or 9 hours after making the order.  So it could just be the email notification thing is just overwhelmed & acting glitchy.  That's what I hope anyway!  Otherwise, I wish I'd ordered the phone from the Apple website.  At least your Sprint agent found your order - I guess that's a good sign.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

I ordered last night and got a confirmation number, but did not get a confirmation email. Because my credit card had also not been charged I went through the pre-order process again. The site gave me the upgrade price so I assumed the first order had not gone through. I called to make sure I wouldn't be billed twice and a rep told me that there was only one order in the system. I assume the order from last night never fully made it into the system so I wouldn't count on getting a phone if you never got a confirmation email.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

For those still having issues being rejected by errors like "Your account is not eligible " Simply go to sprint.com/business and complete your order from there. Hope this helps. I ran into this issue this morning while preordering and was given this solution by a sprint business rep.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My credit card was charged, and the site recognizes that I ordered the phone and extended my contract for 2 years since it will no longer allow me to upgrade, and my order number is listed under Sprint.com/my order. Just hope it didn't get stuck halfway through the process.  I'll probably call Customer Care tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also didn't receive an email confirmation... (but I did write down my order confirmation#), so I just did a Sprint CHAT... here's the transcript...

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: I ordered an iphone 4s this morning at about 4:40 am, but have not received a email confirmation yet ? Did the order go through?

Jessica: I would be happy to go over your order with you.

Jessica: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. It will be out of the way and I can stay with you in case you have any questions or any concerns. Just click on the "Yes" button below and we can continue.

Jessica: Thank you for moving the chat.

Jessica: The order confirmation typically takes between 12 to 24 hours, so if you do not see it by tomorrow morning then there may have been a problem with the confirmation.

You: I did receive a order confirmation# after ordering and my credit card is already charged ... does this mean I'm good to go?

Jessica: Absolutely, as long as you got that confirmation number you are all set and your order has been processed.

You: ok thanks alot ..bye bye

Jessica: You're welcome. It's been a pleasure chatting with you, have a great evening.

Jessica: Thank you for visiting www.sprint.com.

Jessica: We value your opinion and would appreciate if you can take a moment to respond to a brief survey about your chat experience. Click Here To Start The Survey.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Pre-order

Being the paranoid person that I am, I just called back again to Sprint "Sales" and spoke to a rep who was able to confirm both of my confirmation numbers. Both check out for the correct iphone 4S on the www.sprint.com/myorder page now. Whew!

Anyone stupid like me who lost your confirmation number in all the excitement, give them a call and you should be able to check it online and follow up on status. My understanding is a tracking # should appear there as well once it does actually ship, which from all sources sounds like it will be on or around 10/12.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat