cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S Siri issues

Go to solution
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

I'm in San Diego...both Siri on Wifi and 3g has been a great experience thus far...no complaints..

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

In Memphis 3G is great and no issues with Siri.   I keep my wifi off to preserve battery life.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

Guys, so it looks like my issue was escalated indeed.

A tech from the advanced technical support called me and stated that they are definitely having problems and that they were glad we reported this I told him I was willing to test anything they wanted me to test. The tech said they were going to use me as a guinea pig and I told him that I did not mind. He then proceeded to test my current speed and gave me a code to access the "field test" section on my phone. I provided the signal straight and other wired numbers (I assume tower information)

Then he proceeded to tell me that the engineers will try some things out and will call me back to try some other things

I then asked if Sprint was going to release this information to let us know but he said no; but it was ok if I let the community know.

I will keep you guys posted.

===============================

Christian social network

http://m1820.com

===================================

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

For those who Siri is working ok or even if not,  when you use Siri to type your text message for you

does she also put the commas, periods ect into your message.

Does it put words in the correct way it should be in a sentence, such as AND an, TOO to,

or write instead of right if it calls for one or the other?

signed

Iphone prospect

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S Siri issues

I'm responding from Siri right now. I'm driving so I can't type this out, but to get Siri to place "," or"?" You have to give her the instructions to do so. literally say the word.

From the computer:

I havent quized Siri just yet on Too vs To, etc...will report back later..

Journeyman

@RippGutt.. so did you have to say

I'm responding from Siri right now Period an it put the period after now? Im thinking if you say period it would type PERIOD. or is it you have to say something to get it to put comma instead or writing comma.

Which i assume if you say, " I like the movie The Right Stuff" it wouldnt type " I like the movie The Write Stuff"?

I do have found out on my Epic Voice commands, my daughter name is one of those not common name it starts with a Z but it mistakes the Z for a S in a name like Serena. Sometimes its right sometimes it wrong. Back ground noise like my tv sometimes confuses it. or my silly big mouth dog barking.. I wonder if i can get my dog to bark what it would write.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

FirstContact wrote:

@RippGutt.. so did you have to say

I'm responding from Siri right now Period an it put the period after now? Im thinking if you say period it would type PERIOD. or is it you have to say something to get it to put comma instead or writing comma.

Which i assume if you say, " I like the movie The Right Stuff" it wouldnt type " I like the movie The Write Stuff"?

I do have found out on my Epic Voice commands, my daughter name is one of those not common name it starts with a Z but it mistakes the Z for a S in a name like Serena. Sometimes its right sometimes it wrong. Back ground noise like my tv sometimes confuses it. or my silly big mouth dog barking.. I wonder if i can get my dog to bark what it would write.

Correct on the bold part...For the most part it has worked the way I wanted it to, but there was a time when said quotations and wrote it out and then placed "" after.  I think it depends on the timing of your speech when you say it.  Im sure we will figure out this mystery that is Siri one day...

Journeyman

On mother's day night my iphone froze then shut down and couldn't reset or anything, a bit later suri comes on n says"happy mother's day" i checked phone but was still down and about 1 am i opened my bedroom door to go to bed n siri came on again saying"goung to be late are we" phone was still shut down. Anyone else has had sonething like this or similar happen to? It's so creepy!

Highlighted
Master

Tonita329,

This is indeed very strange, please try this:

• From the home screen, tap Settings.
  • Tap General.
  • Tap Siri.
  • Tap the Siri switch to turn the feature on or off.
  • Please disable it.
  • Restart the phone.
  • Go back and enable Siri again.

Test it out for a couple of hours and let us know if this happens again.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat