cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S Siri issues

Go to solution
Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

Im here to try and share my experience because there is a 12 page thread of people complaining about slow data speeds, if your offended then I'm sorry, sprint fits the needs for some people and that's great, it didn't fit mine and I'm just trying to share with others that are having similar problems

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

Att doesn't drop calls in my area, maybe for some it does, but not where I live and work

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

How much is your bill now and what is your plan?

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

450 mins, 2gb data, no texting (everyone at my job and family use iMessage now) and I get a corporate discount, bill is 49 dollars and change plus tax.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

@jasmil231 .. i hear you if siri is going to be use alot.. by all means, i would go to AT&T also. But probably the most things people do use their phones for is TEXTing. And SiRi right now does have problems with background chatter.

Can you imagine walking down the street and you have all the traffic an noises associated with trying to use Voice command on any phone that has any type of voice commands.

I cant argue the fact siri is good, but the people that want to use it, probably the majority can't at work or get caught an not doing their work.. Those fools in class at school surely will still have to sneak an text when the teacher is teaching, and how many people going know more about your business when you ask siri to do something.

Its bad enough people talk loud as H>E>L>L now on there phones, now they ll be talking loud as H>E>L>L to SIRI. uGGGGG

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

I agree, I drive a lot for my job so Siri was a big selling point for me, like I said I'm not bashing sprint, different strokes for different folks, just telling my story to try and help others.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

we have the same plan but Im unlimited text and data.  I pay $59 after discounts.  Throw in unlimited mobile to mobile and I can't even complain even if I wanted too.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S Siri issues

It's not you or the Sprint network. What do you think happens when 4 million 4S users are trying to access SIRI?

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/four-million-iphone-4s-sales-bogging-down-siri-servers-sprint-3g...

I have two family members that have upgraded to the 4S, one from ATT and the other on Sprint. Both are having issues activating and using SIRI...

Journeyman

Siri moslikely is failing because it connects to the server to talk to Apple servers. Since Sprint is having issues on their network due to "Many activations occuring' they are sturating the 3G network.

I believe I know how we can resolve this issue
I posted this this threat:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/78766?start=195&tstart=0

Hello guys.

I  have  been  following this forum closely hoping to find the  solution  to this  issue  however; as you all already know the problem is  still  happening.

I believe I know how we can resolve this issue but we need to stick together and work together

I    called sprint to report this problem since I had tried my EVO  right    before I activated my iphone to compare the speed. EVO was fast   enough   but when I tried the iPhone I was really sad to see how slow  it  was. I   called Sprint today and a tech called Joe caused me to get   really upset   after he told me that, if I wanted to use my iPhone to   surf the web I   needed to use wifi only and not the 3g network.  Because  the EVO and   iPhone were different devices (no kidding) I  demanded to  speak to his   supervisor since I knew that what he said  was a total  lie. Instead he   sent me to a different representative.

The  second representative   was really nice and honest. She told me  that  this was most likely  caused  by so many activations but that she  will  be creating a "Network  ticket"  and escalate. She escalated the  call  to her supervisor who said  that  there were only some users  reporting  this issue and that for it  to get  escalated further or get  resolved  faster more users will have to  call  and report. If you are  like me  just hoping to see an answer or  some  troubleshooting steps to  resolve  this issue here, this is not  going to  happen. WE NEED TO CALL  SPRINT  !!!!!
Make sure you ask for  the  supervisor the 1 level  techs  will only give you the run around and  will  give you excuses  instead  of escalated and pay attention to you.  The more  people that  call the  faster the issue will get resolved.

I  sked the representative to  let the community know that they were  aware  of the issue and that they  were working on it since they have not  done  so and, we did not know  if they were just ignoring us. They said  they  will try to do something  about that as well

============================================================

Christian Social Network;

http://m1820.com

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

Mine works good now, most of the time. Data is still slow sometimes, but it is much better now. I think in a few days it'll be okay.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S Siri issues

Let me start off by saying that I'm in the Chicago area where 3G coverage with Sprint is pretty good on my EVO 3D and actually a little faster than what I was getting off my iPhone 4 when I was still with ATT. I think a lot of people switching from ATT are expecting to see the same speeds with Sprint. I would too, but keep in mind this is the first iPhone for Sprint, and they are likely taking some precautions through limited data transfers. I remember all the network problems ATT had when it first came out with iPhones. Even today Verizon still has some network issues (a friend of mine has the iphone 4 with them). I was an ATT customer when it was still Cingular.

My advise to those that upgraded or switched is to just wait it out a little bit, it's going to get better. If you can't wait, return your phones and go to ATT or stick with what you currently have until the WiMax/LTE iPhone 5 comes out in the spring.

Journeyman

@ilrider

I agree with you, this all make sence if we think about the massive amout of users saturating the bandwith and it could be that sprint in taking preventitive massures may have had lower the bandwith available for all users the first few days. This will allowed them to see how the network responds and then little by little start opening it more. I do beleive that if we wait it out it will get much better. I gues we are just frustrated since we waited so long to get our iPhone and when we finally did is having this issues.

For us that have an N network at home we can still take advantage of all the features including Siri which is fenomenal even on a G network however, whe we are outside and want to use this feature is when we get stuck. I project another few days or even a week before everything goes back to normal speeds for iPhone users.

Christian Social Network;

http://m1820.com

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat