Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S - Turn by turn navigation?

SOLVED
17 REPLIES
Journeyman

Journeyman

I finally upgraded my Samsung Instinct and i am already missing the Sprint Navigation App.  The App that came with the Iphone 4S sucks.  I tried the TeleNav App from the Apple Store and it works.  It's actually better than Sprint's Version but it is not free; will cost you $9.99 for 1 year. 

Journeyman

The Tom Tom I had about 3 years ago was ALWAYS getting me lost.

When I first got my EVO, I tried Sprints Navigation service with little expectations out of Sprint.  To my surprise this has been one of the best features that I have on my phone.  As I'm always getting lost everywhere I go and has kept me out of trouble.

The only thing matters about EVO vs. iPhone is what you perfer, not what anyone else thinks.

I have 449 days before I can get an upgrade, maybe by then they'll have the app's I have been accustomed to on the iPhone.  In the meantime I'll stay with my EVO.

Journeyman

Hmmm i came from ATT to Sprint and had the iphone with Att and the one thing i like about my Evo that the iphone didnt hv is the turn for turn navagation.  Now i do know theres an app for that i was just not willing to pay for it.....

Journeyman

I did a quick search in the app store and found the free version of Telenav. It's...ok-ish but no voice command or rerouting. The paid-for version, which is called "Navigation By Telenav" is even more feature rich than the one Sprint was offering and right now, only 99 cents. I think there is a $9 yearly fee but, honestly, it's not that bad considering the Magellen and Tom-Tom apps are around $50 a piece.

Journeyman

This is giving me iPhone pre-order remorse.  Sprint's GPS Navigation app is superior to iPhone's Tom Tom and Garmin apps as it locks on your exact location better and does voice turn-by-turn directions, including street names, traffic alerts (without additional charge), and distance.  On my road trip to Vegas, my girlfriend used Garmin on her iPhone (Verizon) -- we ended up using Sprint's GPS Navigation app on my Pre due to its frustrating execution.  I really hope you can download the app somehow. 

Journeyman

Does this mean that Sprint TV will NOT be available on the iPhone?  That would suck.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S - Turn by turn navigation?

Just download MapQuest 4 mobile its free.

Journeyman

I love the turn by turn.  It it likely to make me not get the iphone also. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know, right? Only 500,000 choices. What are they thinking?