cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S - Turn by turn navigation?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Does anyone know if the Sprint iPhone 4S will be capable of turn by turn navigation?  This is VERY important to me.  I use my Android phone as my GPS in the car and it does a GREAT job.

17 REPLIES
Journeyman

dont have one, but on the apple site it says .... Assisted GPS

???

Journeyman

There is a free Telenav app for the iPhone (At&t offers it, but charges you a monthly fee to use it).  Since Telenav is free for Android phones here at Sprint, I don't see why it wouldn't be free for the iPhone.

Wizard

Re: iPhone 4S - Turn by turn navigation?

This is a great question, I do not have an exact answer on this yet but I did find some information that may help. I will do some more digging on this and post what I find out here. This is from a FAQ that we have on the iPhone:

Are Sprint exclusive applications like Sprint Navigation, and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile available on iPhone?

• At this time, we do not plan on adding Sprint-exclusive applications to the iPhone experience.

• We do not plan on having Sprint ID available on iPhone either.

• Customer can only have applications available in iTunes.

Journeyman

Read for yourself. This was just a quick browse of Apple's site, I didn't even check iTunes. Clicky!

Wizard

Thanks for posting this.  That may be just the information I needed to hold onto my Evo.  I guess I never considered that those things wouldn't be offered.

Journeyman

That's a really good point!  I was dead set on preordering.  Now I'm thinking about just keeping my Evo.  I also like being fully integrated with Google.  If I switch to iPhone, I'll lose a lot of that.

Journeyman

This is why I'm staying with my EVO.

Customer can only have applications available in iTunes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know, right? Only 500,000 choices. What are they thinking?

Journeyman

I love the turn by turn.  It it likely to make me not get the iphone also. 

Journeyman

Just download MapQuest 4 mobile its free.

Journeyman

Does this mean that Sprint TV will NOT be available on the iPhone?  That would suck.

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!