cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S - Turn by turn navigation?

SOLVED
Journeyman

Does anyone know if the Sprint iPhone 4S will be capable of turn by turn navigation?  This is VERY important to me.  I use my Android phone as my GPS in the car and it does a GREAT job.

17 REPLIES
Journeyman

dont have one, but on the apple site it says .... Assisted GPS

???

Journeyman

There is a free Telenav app for the iPhone (At&t offers it, but charges you a monthly fee to use it).  Since Telenav is free for Android phones here at Sprint, I don't see why it wouldn't be free for the iPhone.

Wizard

Re: iPhone 4S - Turn by turn navigation?

This is a great question, I do not have an exact answer on this yet but I did find some information that may help. I will do some more digging on this and post what I find out here. This is from a FAQ that we have on the iPhone:

Are Sprint exclusive applications like Sprint Navigation, and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile available on iPhone?

• At this time, we do not plan on adding Sprint-exclusive applications to the iPhone experience.

• We do not plan on having Sprint ID available on iPhone either.

• Customer can only have applications available in iTunes.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S - Turn by turn navigation?

Read for yourself. This was just a quick browse of Apple's site, I didn't even check iTunes. Clicky!

Wizard

Thanks for posting this.  That may be just the information I needed to hold onto my Evo.  I guess I never considered that those things wouldn't be offered.

Journeyman

That's a really good point!  I was dead set on preordering.  Now I'm thinking about just keeping my Evo.  I also like being fully integrated with Google.  If I switch to iPhone, I'll lose a lot of that.

Journeyman

This is why I'm staying with my EVO.

Customer can only have applications available in iTunes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know, right? Only 500,000 choices. What are they thinking?

Journeyman

I love the turn by turn.  It it likely to make me not get the iphone also. 

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.