cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S - Turn by turn navigation?

Go to solution
Journeyman

This is giving me iPhone pre-order remorse.  Sprint's GPS Navigation app is superior to iPhone's Tom Tom and Garmin apps as it locks on your exact location better and does voice turn-by-turn directions, including street names, traffic alerts (without additional charge), and distance.  On my road trip to Vegas, my girlfriend used Garmin on her iPhone (Verizon) -- we ended up using Sprint's GPS Navigation app on my Pre due to its frustrating execution.  I really hope you can download the app somehow. 

Journeyman

I did a quick search in the app store and found the free version of Telenav. It's...ok-ish but no voice command or rerouting. The paid-for version, which is called "Navigation By Telenav" is even more feature rich than the one Sprint was offering and right now, only 99 cents. I think there is a $9 yearly fee but, honestly, it's not that bad considering the Magellen and Tom-Tom apps are around $50 a piece.

Journeyman

Hmmm i came from ATT to Sprint and had the iphone with Att and the one thing i like about my Evo that the iphone didnt hv is the turn for turn navagation.  Now i do know theres an app for that i was just not willing to pay for it.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Tom Tom I had about 3 years ago was ALWAYS getting me lost.

When I first got my EVO, I tried Sprints Navigation service with little expectations out of Sprint.  To my surprise this has been one of the best features that I have on my phone.  As I'm always getting lost everywhere I go and has kept me out of trouble.

The only thing matters about EVO vs. iPhone is what you perfer, not what anyone else thinks.

I have 449 days before I can get an upgrade, maybe by then they'll have the app's I have been accustomed to on the iPhone.  In the meantime I'll stay with my EVO.

Journeyman

I finally upgraded my Samsung Instinct and i am already missing the Sprint Navigation App.  The App that came with the Iphone 4S sucks.  I tried the TeleNav App from the Apple Store and it works.  It's actually better than Sprint's Version but it is not free; will cost you $9.99 for 1 year. 

Journeyman

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat