cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

I'm finding the same slow speeds in Pasadena, CA.  Usually less than around 200 kbps.  Completely useless.  I hope there is an official Sprint response.

Journeyman

Sprint, we need some answer.  Are you guys doing iPhone specific throttling?  You will lose your customer if the customer finding their iPhone unusable?

Journeyman

I cant even get siri to work on the network... it keeps saying trouble connect to network...In wifi it works perfect tho! Answeres sprint!

Journeyman

interesting video you guys may like... idk why the 3g is so slow even on my evo 3g is not that slow. Its usally 600-1200kbps and for surfing the web its not bad at all. I have plans to get the new iphone, so i hope they fix what ever is wrong with the network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd7taHnHzcg

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Now it's pass 11pm in in cental time zone.  I guess people has gone to sleep or too busy partying to surf or just plain given up.  I am getting pretty good speed now with iPhone.

photo-1.PNG

Journeyman

Verizon & AT&T both are doing iphone data throttling. Just google "iphone data throttle".

I bet Sprint is doing the same thing to avoid "iphone effect".

Journeyman

i thought sprint specifically stated iphone throttling will not happen. google it..

Journeyman

There is no official word from Sprint saying they will not do "data throttling".

The official word is "unlimited data plans for iPhone subscribers", which is different.

The fact of the matter is: speed test at the same location, same network (iphone 4s vs Epic) yields 2 drastically different results.

Journeyman

THis is awful... I switched from ATT to get unlimited data.  I would get 2 to 3 MEG DL speed on Speed Test with 2 or 3 bars!  I would get up to 5+ MEG speed with 5 bars.  THis is BULLSHIT  I've had 4 and 5 bars today and had EDGE speeds! WTFFFF! 

Is Sprint 3G this BAD?  These phones are geting returned if nothing changes

Journeyman

That is still awful!  I would get 3000+ on ATT 3G with 2 bars during the day.... Sprint is screwing something up....

Highlighted
Journeyman

its not the phone. i get horrible 3G speeds here in Southern California (Long Beach). I have to rely on 4G to get the most out of the network but even 4G is spotty at times. here are my 3G speeds on my Evo 3D just to somewhat clarify that its not the phone...

device-2011-10-14-231915.png

Journeyman

I have the same problem... downloads and uploads are pathetic...incredibly slow on the iPhone4S to the point where Siri does not work... websites that on my wifes phone take a second or two to load, take minutes to come up on the iPhone 4S... this is unacceptable and it seems to be a iPhone4s problem as my wifes Android Epic in 3G (4G turned off) gets speeds 5x greater then my iPhone4S. Unless something changes by Monday this iPhone4S is going back... and I can't beleive Apple can't make a freaking good 3G phone or even better yet a 4G phone... sheesh 

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!