cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

THis is awful... I switched from ATT to get unlimited data.  I would get 2 to 3 MEG DL speed on Speed Test with 2 or 3 bars!  I would get up to 5+ MEG speed with 5 bars.  THis is BULLSHIT  I've had 4 and 5 bars today and had EDGE speeds! WTFFFF! 

Is Sprint 3G this BAD?  These phones are geting returned if nothing changes

Journeyman

That is still awful!  I would get 3000+ on ATT 3G with 2 bars during the day.... Sprint is screwing something up....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

its not the phone. i get horrible 3G speeds here in Southern California (Long Beach). I have to rely on 4G to get the most out of the network but even 4G is spotty at times. here are my 3G speeds on my Evo 3D just to somewhat clarify that its not the phone...

device-2011-10-14-231915.png

Journeyman

I have the same problem... downloads and uploads are pathetic...incredibly slow on the iPhone4S to the point where Siri does not work... websites that on my wifes phone take a second or two to load, take minutes to come up on the iPhone 4S... this is unacceptable and it seems to be a iPhone4s problem as my wifes Android Epic in 3G (4G turned off) gets speeds 5x greater then my iPhone4S. Unless something changes by Monday this iPhone4S is going back... and I can't beleive Apple can't make a freaking good 3G phone or even better yet a 4G phone... sheesh 

Journeyman

Here's what I'm getting in 43201 inside my appartment ... I know CDMA can be bad indoors but this is just sad ...

photo.PNG

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

I just wanted to mention that I am unsure why you all cannot use Siri? I am able to use her without a problem and I am not connected to WiFi (I actually have mine turned off because I have no need for it).

In regards to speed, it is not the fastest on the internet. I was expecting more with all the advertisements; however, its not HORRIBLE when I browse the web. I did expect faster speeds though.

PS: I just speed tested my phone and it is .14 download and .34 upload, so I assume mine are not great either - Not sure why though.

Journeyman

photo (2).PNGphoto.PNG

Here's mine from today and last night.  I'm able to stream  netflix without a problem.

Journeyman

Pheww I thought it was just my iPhone.  I am in Charlotte, NC with 5 bars and I can't even connect to 3G netwrok! EDGE people, fucking EDGE is what I had to use around town today...damn.

I will return the phone and go back to android if I can't even get better speeds.

Journeyman

Take it from a long time Sprint Cusomer of 12 years.

This is what Sprint has been giving us for speeds the last year or so.

That's why they are upgrading to LTE over the next two years but it doesn't help 3G at all currently and with the load of iphone users coming to Sprint for unlimited data, I fear it is only going to get worse.

Journeyman

This Phone sucks for Sprint.... They just lost a customer. All that money for the phone plus the 10 $ premium for data AND THERE IS NO DATA!