cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Sprint support, both 1st level/2nd level techs. The first tech after looking through her system told me there are a number of tickets open with the same complaint. Either no 3G connection or slooooow (Her emphasis) 3G connection. The second tier tech told me there is a major problem in my area which is the north east. I'm in New Jersey but she told me that Pensylvania, New York, and a couple other places were affected.

It seems as though there is no longer a pretence of "Everything is okay". If a tech admitted to a caller that there is a major problem I have to believe they will fix it. I doubt we'll ever see speeds like AT&T (Supposed AT&T speeds) but I do believe they will make it better. She said that at this point this problem is a priority and when I pushed she said she expected it would take a few days to fix but less than a week.

I also asked about my refund cut-off day, and she told me the 25th which means they count it from teh day you pre-ordered. Not sure that would hold up in court but I wouldn't press the issue. Honestly I'll more than likely hold on to my iPhone. I've wanted one for almost 5 years and it does everything I need it to do. Luckily I have access to cablevisions WiFi network which is pretty extensive so in a pinch I can always go that route.

Anyway, good luck all and lets home things work out for us all.

Journeyman

photo.PNG

Just got these speeds in Orlando, 32817 zip code for you locals wondering my location. It's starting to get better and better.

Journeyman

I think this is bigger than the iphone 4s.  I just tested on my Evo and on 3g the speeds are pathetically slow (.22 mb download, .15 upload).  Luckily, I happen to be in an area with 4g at the moment (4.5 mb download, 1.5 upload).

I do hope this gets resolved though.  It seems they were not prepared for the iphone 4s.

Journeyman

I just got off the phone also.. And they told me there was no issues in my area..I'm in downtown Los Angeles. Speeds are incredibly slow. The good thing I ordered my AT&T iPhone 4s yesterday.. Should receive in about 2 weeks tho..

I asked about the return policy and she told me that it was from the day I received it. I asked her to double check and she did and she said it starts from the 14th even tho the account was created before that.. I'm going to go to the sprint store on Friday tho just to double check don't want to be fooled...

Journeyman

...if you'd bought a 4G phone this wouldn't be a problem...haha!

http://www.speedtest.net/android/94215770.png

Wizard

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

been.jammin1 wrote:

...if you'd bought a 4G phone this wouldn't be a problem...haha!

http://www.speedtest.net/android/94215770.png

I WISH I was getting 4G speeds like that on my EVO.  A lot of the time, I don't even get that through my wifi.

I'm running about half that on 4G at the best of times... about an hour NW of Philly.

Journeyman

Usually the Speedtest.net app is not very accurate. Try using the Xtreme Labs Speedtest. That one is much more accurate from my experience. Here's the link to the iTunes store for it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speedtest/id286356274?mt=8

Journeyman

I talked with Sprint Chat and was told there was a trouble record created in my area 77084 and 77042 West side of Houston. Said it is scheduled to be fixed by 4:36 PM local time...

We will see.

spt2.jpg

Journeyman

Yea, the 3G hasn't been the best, luckily Siri continues to work.

Wifi is awesome is great at work and at home, so I'm happy about that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As far as sprint is concerned, their Speedtest is the only one that matters

http://www6.sprint.com/landings/speedtest/?ECID=vanity:speedtest

...but, since your iPhone can handle flash, well...you know.

Journeyman

Not too bad for Chicago western suburbs...and from my basement:

Hope it gets better for the rest of you having problems.

Journeyman

well seeing how they both are OOKLA... its the same thing... Why are you even in here?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat