cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

...if you'd bought a 4G phone this wouldn't be a problem...haha!

http://www.speedtest.net/android/94215770.png

Wizard

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

been.jammin1 wrote:

...if you'd bought a 4G phone this wouldn't be a problem...haha!

http://www.speedtest.net/android/94215770.png

I WISH I was getting 4G speeds like that on my EVO.  A lot of the time, I don't even get that through my wifi.

I'm running about half that on 4G at the best of times... about an hour NW of Philly.

Journeyman

Usually the Speedtest.net app is not very accurate. Try using the Xtreme Labs Speedtest. That one is much more accurate from my experience. Here's the link to the iTunes store for it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speedtest/id286356274?mt=8

Journeyman

I talked with Sprint Chat and was told there was a trouble record created in my area 77084 and 77042 West side of Houston. Said it is scheduled to be fixed by 4:36 PM local time...

We will see.

spt2.jpg

Journeyman

Yea, the 3G hasn't been the best, luckily Siri continues to work.

Wifi is awesome is great at work and at home, so I'm happy about that.

Journeyman

As far as sprint is concerned, their Speedtest is the only one that matters

http://www6.sprint.com/landings/speedtest/?ECID=vanity:speedtest

...but, since your iPhone can handle flash, well...you know.

Journeyman

Not too bad for Chicago western suburbs...and from my basement:

Hope it gets better for the rest of you having problems.

Journeyman

well seeing how they both are OOKLA... its the same thing... Why are you even in here?

Journeyman

That sprint speed test page wont even load on my phone. Probably cause the know it would reflect poorly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will give you guys some info that should be obvious for Sprint customers over the last year or so. . . .

Sprints network is horrible. Since all these new customers are coming on from the EVO forward to today, their network cannot handle the traffic. Yes they boast all the hottest phones and umlimited data, but honestly when you cannot access data ever, it makes no difference how unlimited it is. I got to the point I couldnt even load webpages. Market downloads would take 10-20 mins.

I got 3 lines disconnected with no ETF's because I been fighting with them for almost a year about this. Dont let them be coy about this. They know there are problems. Its not phone related, its not Proxy related, its not software related. ect. Its their network. It always was and always will be.

They tried to tell me it was my local area and they are updating the networks finally after 8 months of reporting the problems. They then keep pushing the dates back for upgrade. I let them know I travel around the US and rarely ever see better service. They suggest 4G which is a joke in itself. Then they gave me an Airrave because I demanded it, and that only worked marginally for a few days.

I went to ATT last week and in the same spots I had 15-100KB speeds, I now get 3MB speeds on ATT.

Attached are email chains from Sprint TRV Escalations:

TRV Escalations to me

show details Jul 5

Mr. Manicioto,

As we  discussed on our call, we are aware of the issues you and other  customers are experiencing there in Pennsylvania.  Our network  technicians are working  to resolve this as quickly as possible. To let those of us who work in  customer care know that they’ve started repairs, our engineers have  issued what we call a Service Alert.  That alert number is 10014.  Once  the repairs are complete, this Service Alert  will be closed.

In the  notes on this Service Alert, our technicians are currently telling us  to expect "Noticeable Relief … by 7/29."  Currently, our plan here in  the TRV  Escalations team is to hold your ticket open until after this Estimated  Time of Repair has come and gone, and then to contact you to verify  that you’re seeing the relief we expect. 

If the  Estimated Time of Repair should change, we plan to contact you and let  you know about the new date.  If you have any questions or need to speak  with  us in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to email us at this address  again: and be sure to include either your Sprint phone number or the  ticket number you listed below in the body of your message.

We appreciate your patience while we work towards a resolution.

-Ross

TRV Escalations POC

TRV Escalations to me

show details Aug 2

Mr. Manicioto,

Our  call to you on 7/28 was to inform you that our  technicians have revised  their original estimate and are now telling us: “Noticeable Relief  expected  by 10/31” instead of the original 7/29 date that we gave you in early  July. 

We  plan to contact you after 10/31 to verify that you’re seeing the relief  we expect.  If this new estimated time of repair (ETR) should change,  we’ll contact  you before then and let you know about the new date.  We don’t have any  other information regarding  why the original ETR for this issue had to  be revised, but please be assured we’re making every effort to resolve  this sooner  rather than later.

If  you have any questions or need to speak with us in the meantime, please  don’t hesitate to email us at this address again: and be sure to include  either  your Sprint phone number or the ticket number you listed below in the  body of your message.

We appreciate your patience while we work towards a resolution.

-Ross

TRV Escalations POC

TRV Escalations to me

show details Oct 5

Mr. Manicioto,

The  alert for  your area was just updated.  We’re now being told to expect  improvements by 12/31/2011.  We will contact you by phone once the  service alert  closes to verify that you’re seeing a difference.

If you have any questions or need to speak with us in the meantime, please don't hesitate to email us at this address again.

-Ross R

TRV Escalations POC

Take this as you please, but don't let them, fool you that you are the first caller on this!!

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.