cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Go away. Don't you have anything better to do than bash in an iPhone forum? You are not contributing and your opinion is valueless. We all know the differences between the iPhone and Android phones. I've got two lines, one with an iPhone the other with an Epic Touch. Who Cares? Get a life.

Journeyman

Nobody cares what you think. Take your piece of sh!t Android and go install a new ROM. You really don't need to troll this thread. If you hate Apple so much just leave. You don't have to be happy at other's expense.

Wizard

been.jammin1 wrote:

Just the iphone. Do yourselves a favor and return that hunk o junk and get a better phone. This is only the begining. If speed is what you wanted, you should have bought a 4G device. Just because it says apple on it doesnt make it better. Hurry your 14 days are running out. Hmmm I wonder why they changed it from 30 days to 14 days?

You hate the iphone, but you specifically came into the iphone section of the forum.  And for what?  Troll.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

iPhone user usually have higher expectations.  I really didn't know what I was missing out in US until talked to a friend in Canada who just got his 4S, this is the speed he is getting in the middle of the day is amazing when my network is slowed to a crawl.  I saw a little circle next to sprint instead of 3G, don't know what it means.  Maybe "o" stands for outage?

photo (1).PNG

Journeyman

After 376 posts, the official response from Sprint is that there is no response. Pathetic. It's funny how in every thread someone from Sprint chimes in but not here. Wooow - Sprint did you really earn that JD award? All we here from are Sprint apologists but no Sprint reps. Not suprising as you can't get a straight answer from any Sprint customer service rep never mind having them agree that their network is just plain slow!

Journeyman

I got 850 Kbps at a friend's house in Sykesville, MD. I still can't get anything in my service area from Baltimore to Columbia in MD. Google traffic won't load on top of the cached maps (from wifi).

Wizard

Fipronil wrote:

After 376 posts, the official response from Sprint is that there is no response. Pathetic. It's funny how in every thread someone from Sprint chimes in but not here. Wooow - Sprint did you really earn that JD award? All we here from are Sprint apologists but no Sprint reps. Not suprising as you can't get a straight answer from any Sprint customer service rep never mind having them agree that their network is just plain slow!

Sprint did respond in a press release. Sorry for reposting it again for those that are following this thread.

"As always, Sprint is carefully monitoring the performance of the 3G network. We are looking into a small number of reports of slow data speeds when using the iPhone 4S, however there are also reports showing that Sprint’s network is the fastest, such as the Gizmodo report that came out earlier today. Speed tests represent a moment in time and are subject to many variables including weather, time of day, device, and proximity to a tower. Sprint will continue to monitor the feedback we are getting from our customers and will investigate and resolve any issues that may arise," the company said in a statement.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394831,00.asp#fbid=LS2LFzBeHaR

Journeyman

People Really... What do you expect first level customer service reps are going to do.. SURE they are customer service reps, they are the first people to interact with you but what do you expect them to REALLY DO.

What is the Function of First tier CS Reps.. Account info, accept payments, troubleshoot your phone.. WHAT?  When you go to or call walmarts customer service, are you expecting them to tell you how to get a clear picture on that brand new 52in screen tv you brought.

Where you expecting Sprint 1st Teir CS Rep to fix your phones wi fi connection?

When you call SPRINT, do you even try to get Tech Support or go off on the first HUMAN VOICE you encounter. Come on.. Sprint 1st Level CS Reps have no power to do anytihng to the Network, except transfer you to Tech Support. Tech Support are not CS Reps,  Do you ask for Tech Support to find out how much is your Next Bill? Do you ask for the Sales Dept if you want to Log into your Sprint Acct.

Do you ask the Cashier in your favorite Resturant to Cook your Meal..?

Yall need to get a Grip.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

11+ year sprint customer here.

we are in Champaign, IL. we got 3 iphones last friday. never got better than .05 download / .02 upload on several tests between friday afternoon and monday afternoon. some tests returned much lower results. at no time did we get data speeds fast enough for Siri to work. apps would take forever to load screens. even loading google would take 20-30 seconds. of course, everything worked fine on wifi. but i travel nationwide a lot for work and my wife is travels around locally all day for her job. we tried the phones in various spots around town. no improvements. and mostly not able to connect to 3G at all. so the sprint data speeds won't work for us. voice coverage seemed to be ok.

my father-in-law has the other phone on our family plan. he's in hoffman estates (NW suburb of Chicago). his data speed was too slow to be usable there too. he still had his old iphone 3 on AT&T and it was working fine. he couldn't even send email on the sprint iphone.

i called Sprint and talked to a nice CSR names Alexis in Charlotte NC. She didn't sound surprised about the slow data speed and did not try any trouble shooting or tech support type stuff they usually do before admiting the trouble is on their end. she said they were experiencing a "nationwide data outage event." i asked if she knew when it might be resolved and she didn't know.

I didn't want to get stuck with these sprint iphones past the 14 day return window if there's no clear idea when the data speeds would be acceptable. so i arranged to return the phones and cancel the new service agreement. we had our old blackberries reactivated (of course, the data speed has slowed to a crawl on those now too... can't do anything that requires data connection) and got back on our old service plan off contract.

we plan to get verizon iphones next week. I hope those work out better for us.

good luck to everyone.

Journeyman

3020fjr are you kidding me? Sprint should be posting an official response here on their website not anywhere else. When they change their policies and eliminate programs - do they post that on PCMag first?

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.