Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is defintely based upon where you are in the Orlando area.  I drove around a bit during lunch and sometimes I was hitting DLs of 1.0+ and other times I was hitting .04.  Back in the office now and...

Ping = 798

DL = 0.27

UL = 0.00

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its almost comical watching the Sprint commercials, where they show each carrier slowing down after X amount of data...and it shows Sprint busting through the barriers. The pitch is Sprint is unlimited and we wont slow your connection down after X amount of data....How could it be possible slow it down anymore than it already is???? Get your connections up to par this has been an on going issue for years SPRINT! Really it is beyond pathetic.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Im glad some of you are getting better speeds. I think that slowly but surely speeds will improve as time goes on. Sprints network just wasnt ready for the onslaught of data with the iphone. I will be ordering one once they're back in stock. Even with slow speeds I'll take that over AT&T which is worthless in NYC. I have to keep my iphone on EGDE most of the time just to get anything done.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't feel like reading through all 40 pages.  Can someone describe what this "update" is that Sprint is giving out?

Results from NJ (4 bars):

Sayreville, NJ

Ping: 173ms

Down: 0.91 Mbps

Up: 0.61 Mbps

Re-ran test again:

Ping: 96ms

Down: 0.81 Mbps (though spikes were higher than the 0.91 results)

Up: 0.92 Mbps

3rd re-run:

Ping: 97ms

Down: 0.75 Mbps (though spikes were again much higher to 1.25+)

Up: 0.66 Mbps

Highlighted
Journeyman

12:30 in Winter Park:

Ping = 303

DL = 0.44

UL = 0.01

Highlighted
Journeyman

How does the update work?  How do I get to it to began with?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Call ##873283#

Sometimes it works immediately.  Sometimes you need to reboot the phone.  Other times you have to try several times.  For me, once I get it to work, if I reboot I lose it again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My speeds slowed down 4 fold after doing the ##873283# update in my original try.  (Down = 0.4 Mbps, Up = 0.4 Mbps).  I ran the update again, and was able to get slighly faster speeds (Down = 1.05 Mbps, Up = 0.62 Mbps).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maitland, FL (32751) at 12:45 pm

Ping = 1735

DL = 0.03

UL = 0.01

Highlighted
Journeyman

City of Industry, CA (91745_ @ 9:58am

Ping = 264ms

DL = 0.12

UL = 0.46

Highlighted
Journeyman

Los Angeles, Ca (91754 @10:06)

Ping = 78ms

DL = 0.42

UL = 0.46

Highlighted
Journeyman

My location:  San Ramon, CA

Speedtest server:  San Francisco

Ping:  921 ms

Download 0.02 mbps

Upload 0.04 mbps

HORRIBLE!  I'm considering switching to AT&T!! I never thought I'd say that!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat