cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

This is the speedtest screen capture I did on my brand new iPhone 4S.  As you can see, I got .016Mbps down and 0.05Mbps up.  For those of you want to say maybe the network is just slow in my area.  I did the same test with Samsung Epic Touch with 4G turned off at the same spot.  It's 3 times faster.  Is sprint crippling iPhone data rate, or there is something wrong with iPhone CDMA radio itself.

photo.PNG

2,896 REPLIES 2,896
Highlighted
Journeyman

OMG, i went to the city, opps . Manhatten, thats New York City for you out of towners, and im at the VA Hospital on 23rd st near 1st ave. and here i am, in front of a big a$$ glass window, on the 2nd floor on my Epic phone...

Not only could i not get, 3g icon, i couldn't get 4g, 5g Mr.G from the channel 11 news, i couldn't even get Sesame Street to show me the letter G.

Ok Sprint, in brooklyn where i live i could get LOW, I REPEAT low 3g/4g speeds in my house, but not in City, Manhatten, thats NYC to you out of towners, SPRINT ARE YOU SERIOUS.

Ever since that F#$#&$ing IPHONE4S got on your Network, my Epic is now F up. I never had problems with 3g/4g on my Epic before in Manhatten,

thats NYC to you out of towners. Now i wish that G$%#$Dam iphone stayed the F%$#&%$ where it was at.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I posted earlier in this thread when I received my iPhone. Speeds were decent at my house (thanks to cell repeaters on top of the towers I live in.)

However, when I went around town the results were ridiculous. Averaging 0.01 Mbps, 0.4 Mbps at the most. Technical support was nice and acknowledged that it was a known issue, but it seemed pretty obvious that they weren't at liberty to say anything else. And Sprint's official response to these massive threads being, "what are you talking about, our speeds are great!" ... Do you think we're stupid, Sprint? Fuck you.

So I'm returning my iPhone 4S today and am crawling back to AT&T. Anyone ever hear that song called "Better Man?" I kinda feel like that. Can't find a better network.

If anyone has a few billion dollars to invest, I'm open to working with you on starting a network that can rival our friends across the pond. Best of luck to everyone on these threads experiencing slow speeds. Get out before the 14 days are up!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys - Compare it to another phone on Sprint.  My Curve was 3x as fast as my wifes Iphone in teh same location. Plus her visual voicemail wasnt working.  A 5 min chat and it was fixed. Turned off the iphone, they reset the device, turned on and fixed. Now the iphone double the speed on my Curve (while not blazing, it is very acceptable for unlimited). Hope this helps.  We are very happy with the iphone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a few billion to invest. Why don't we just BUY SPRINT, FIRE EVERYONE CONNECTED TO SPRINT, HIRE CUSTOMERS AND JUST CALL IT A DAY.

Highlighted
Journeyman

1:55pm @ 32789

Ping = 908

DL = 0.42

UL = 0.00

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know what it was but all of a sudden it seemed like sprint network was on steroids in milwaukee,wi.  I was getting near 500 Kbps dl and around 100 Kbps ul average. I know that is not an insane amount of speed but again it is good for sprint haha.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

San Francisco.

It is now totally broken ... I could not even run the speed test now. It could not even locate the server.

Internet is completely gone .. no access to email, etc.

I was just planning to stay with Spring and waiting it out last night since the speed had been improving fo the last 1~2 days.

Now, I do not know what to say ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just called and they reset. Now it's worse...

CAMDINGA1 wrote:

Hey guys - Compare it to another phone on Sprint.  My Curve was 3x as fast as my wifes Iphone in teh same location. Plus her visual voicemail wasnt working.  A 5 min chat and it was fixed. Turned off the iphone, they reset the device, turned on and fixed. Now the iphone double the speed on my Curve (while not blazing, it is very acceptable for unlimited). Hope this helps.  We are very happy with the iphone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

What did they make you do to reset it?

facke02 wrote:

I just called and they reset. Now it's worse...

CAMDINGA1 wrote:

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've ran several tests and I've never gotten above .21 mbps. I'm now getting 0.01 or less. It actually was 0.0 for a while.  I went to the sprint store, and they told me to call Apple because it was Apple's fault.     

Highlighted
Journeyman

aaahahahahaa

bmxliveit wrote:

I've ran several tests and I've never gotten above .21 mbps. I'm now getting 0.01 or less. It actually was 0.0 for a while.  I went to the sprint store, and they told me to call Apple because it was Apple's fault.     

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat