cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Not in dallas thats just the server I was testing to.  I'm in Oklahoma.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got off the phone with sprint .  They are telling me that's it's a known issue with the network working with the 4s  not happening to everyone but it's being worked on and should be fix with in 72 hrs .  Funny how on the phone they say there's an issue!  At least they admit it .  Well I'll give it a few more days or I'm returning my nice new phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, at home (32812) I'm getting worse:

DL is 0.17

UL is 0.53

More up than down?  Weird.

Still waiting for a tech to call me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok so I called cumstomer care and before I was getting .1 -.2 down and .3-.4 up.

Now after a reset and the ##update# code they had me enter I started getting .6-.8 down  which is great in my litttle no-name area of Pensacola

hope my input helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

How are speeds in New York City? Specifically Brooklyn and Manhattan?

I'm glad I waited on buying this phone. If the speed issue doesn't get corrected, I'll probably just get an Android.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry you guys ... after being a loyal Sprint subscriber for over 15 years, I decided to bail and just got my two new iPhones on AT&T today. Honestly, my 3G speeds on my Evo sucked and I could rarely get 4G here in St. Louis. With the iPhone it was just that much more annoying. My bill is a little higher, but the data speeds are excellent - two to three times what I was getting with my new iPhone on Sprint.  The phone is the best, you can't improve the network overnight.  I decided if I want to use my iPhone I want it to work like it was meant to.... good luck with your future endeavors everyone ... 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

2 to 3 times faster eh?  So what r u up to .08 down and .06 up?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much.  I did the ##update# and noticed a difference right away!  Here's my before and after results:

photo.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

We all need to have just a little bit of patience.  I know it is frustrating as hell.  Someone at Sprint needs to acknowledge externally that there is a problem and they are fixing it.  It will be a simple update to the settings on the phone.  I guarantee it.  The network isn't grinding to a halt because of the iPhone.  What types of phones did all these people come from?  They probably came from other smart phones (Android or BB) which were data intensive devices anyways.  There weren't a ton of new subscribers.  This is a glitch that is getting worked out.  This is a brand new manufacturer that Sprint is working with that built a device designed to run on anyones network.  Add on top of that that the Fruit Company is notoriously secretive prior to launch.  It is INSANE what they make you sign to do business.  Something probably didn't get caught in initial testing.  They just need to acknowledge the problem, tweak what needs to be tweaked, and getting to building out Network Vision.  It is in everyone's best interst for the iPhone to be successful on Sprint.  If Sprint fails, we are left with two companies that will take every last dime you have because there is no one else to go to.  AT&T may be faster, but their service sucks.  I had to use an AT&T iPhone 4 for a week before the Sprint 4S showed up.  I wanted to kill the phone.  Dropped calls left and right.  I couldn't drive 4 miles without 5 dropped calls.  Verizon has a great network, but they are bloodsuckers.  We all need this to be a huge win for Sprint and wait for LTE to roll on in.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I was getting .02/ .03 /.04 down and now getting1.2 /1.3/ 1.4 down so I guess its better than two or three times ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been getting nothing but bad speeds here in the Raleigh, NC area too.  I did the ##update# a few times in the last couple of days w/out change. I've tried it a few times today and it will never complete. It says update started and I hit okay and that's it. Never completes the update at all. Not sure what's going on. I've tried rebooting the phone a half dozen times.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Read em and weep. Congratulations guys on your major downgrade. I will enjoy my fake 4g on AT&T with no dropped calls with 1300min logged. http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/157699343.png

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat